Cuisine at home Forums
Thursday Dinner - Mar. 12th - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 12th (/showthread.php?tid=78578)

Thursday Dinner - Mar. 12th - cjs - 03-12-2009

Tonight is Dismc's review dinner, no dessert tho.

What are you all up to?

Note: He Trixxee, the beet stir fry last night was very tasty and a nice quick dinner. I'm going to play with broth to sub for the really high sodium count pkg. of seasoning. Roy says thank you too!!

Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 12th - HomeCulinarian - 03-12-2009

I'm making a flank steak with horseradish chimichurri, yellow rice and sauted peppers.

Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 12th - bjcotton - 03-12-2009

We're having a Pork Standing Rib Roast with currant/apple jelly and chili sauce, baked potatoes and a green salad. The roast weighed in at 14 pounds. What happens with pork when you refreeze it? Fourteen pounds is too much.

Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 12th - cjs - 03-12-2009

What happens with pork when you refreeze it? - no problem, cut it up the way you want it.

Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 12th - foodfiend - 03-12-2009

If it's Thursday, it's spaghetti.

Since I can remember, Thursday had been spaghetti day, ever since I was a kid. My Mom still makes a huge pot of it and whoever wants to can stop in (living 2-1/4 hours away, we never have, but my brothers and sister and their kids all live near my parents, so there's usually a crowd). I just wonder, at 73, how long Mom will want to keep this up!

Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 12th - Mare749 - 03-12-2009

"I just wonder, at 73, how long Mom will want to keep this up!"

Vicci, my MIL is 73 and can outrun me! One of my friends told me her MIL is still doing the family dinners at 93, God bless her!

Well, now that Vicci mentioned spaghetti, that's what I'm hungry for, so I'll be making some turkey meatballs to go with. I started using a multigrain pasta that isn't too bad.

Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 12th - Trixxee - 03-12-2009

You're welcome. It's not bad for what it is. I know what you mean about the sodium content. That was the first thing my husband asked about. I told him at least we're splitting one packet basically and throwing the other packet out.

We are having the Tuscan Minestrone Soup from the soup book. We have to incorporate some more veggies into our diet. I was going to make the open faced grinders too but Tony said just a toasted everything bagel is good enough.

Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 12th - Gourmet_Mom - 03-12-2009

Funny you mention that soup, Trixxee. I was just looking at that for the coming rainy weekend.

Tonight I'll use my leftover chicken from the other day for one of William's favorites: Chicken Pot Pie...YUM!!!

Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 12th - chef_Tab - 03-12-2009

It is spaghetti here too. Will winter never end?

Re: Thursday Dinner - Mar. 12th - bjcotton - 03-12-2009

Thanks Jean, that's what I needed to know. Love you!