Cuisine at home Forums
Who da Boss? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Who da Boss? (/showthread.php?tid=78915)

Who da Boss? - bjcotton - 03-18-2009

I wasn't too sure between Jesse and me until yesterday. I still have lots of bloody marks from his teeth and claws..no new ones today though. We had a stare-down yesterday to see who looked away first. I won and growled at him a few times just to make sure. He's been awfully quiet and cooperative since then. He still gets a little lively on occasion but a growl usually quiets him down.

Re: Who da Boss? - Gourmet_Mom - 03-18-2009

Awwwww, Billy! That is too cute! I hope things continue up hill from here. It looks like Jesse is coming along nicely.

Re: Who da Boss? - bjcotton - 03-18-2009

Sunday and Monday he paid absolutely no attention to anything I said. Tuesday the trainer said that training is not linear and that some days they will be dumber than a rock and the next maybe near genius level

Re: Who da Boss? - DFen911 - 03-18-2009

Billy Cotton...the dog whisperer...er..growler

Re: Who da Boss? - HomeCulinarian - 03-18-2009

Billy, I would say, if you have to ask "whose the boss?", then it probably isn't you!

Re: Who da Boss? - firechef - 03-18-2009

I agree with HomeCulinarian on this one...

Just bite him on the left ear...that is what they say on the movie Snow Dogs! It's gotta work if it was on a Disney movie!?!

Re: Who da Boss? - bjcotton - 03-18-2009

That's kind of what I figured until the stare-down. Now he seldom will look me in the eyes for more than a few seconds. When I bark he listens..most of the time.

Re: Who da Boss? - labradors - 03-19-2009

Quote:

Billy Cotton...the dog whisperer...er..growler

...trying to picture Billy on Rollerblades...

Re: Who da Boss? - firechef - 03-19-2009

To heck with You Tube...I'd PAY to see Billy on Rollerblades!!!

Re: Who da Boss? - bjcotton - 03-19-2009

Not gonna happen!