Cuisine at home Forums
Review - Lemon-Cumin Chicken with Med Salad - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Review - Lemon-Cumin Chicken with Med Salad (/showthread.php?tid=79624)

Review - Lemon-Cumin Chicken with Med Salad - HomeCulinarian - 04-01-2009

So we've had another keeper from the newest Cuisine for Two cookbook. Tonight we tried the "Magnificent Mediterranean Chicken" aka Lemon-cumin chicken with Mediterranean salad. I think it is mis-named because there is no lemon in the chicken. There is lemon juice in the vinaigrette, but that's it. Nonetheless, it was a very good salad and I was curious how the cumin on the chicken would go with the Med salad because I think of cumin as a Tex-Mex spice. It was great together. I didn't make the garlic croutons and used some from the store instead.

We had a late dinner - I went to the late Jazzercise class and Hubby had a looooong day ... he got a new crown this morning before going in to the office; so he put in his 10 hours starting at 10 instead of 7. It was a satisfying main entree salad and not too heavy so hopefully my sleep will be sound!

It's one of my co-workers birthday potluck's tomorrow and I'm about to bake a batch of cookies for it... Oatmeal/peanut butter with choc chips - teenage daughter's favorite!

Re: Review - Lemon-Cumin Chicken with Med Salad - Mare749 - 04-02-2009

Thanks for the review, HC. I've been meaning to order that book and keep forgetting. That recipe sounds good.

You are a brave lady making those cookies! The temptation would do me in and usually does.

Re: Review - Lemon-Cumin Chicken with Med Salad - HomeCulinarian - 04-02-2009

Quote:

You are a brave lady making those cookies! The temptation would do me in and usually does.

I ate two that broke - Isn't it true that all the calories fall out of broken cookies!?!

Re: Review - Lemon-Cumin Chicken with Med Salad - Gourmet_Mom - 04-02-2009

The recipe sounds good. I keep forgetting to make my orders as well.

Quote:

I ate two that broke - Isn't it true that all the calories fall out of broken cookies!?!

Never heard of this, but makes sense to me...LOL!

Re: Review - Lemon-Cumin Chicken with Med Salad - Old Bay - 04-02-2009

Quote:

The recipe sounds good. I keep forgetting to make my orders as well.

[blockquote]Quote:

Never heard of this, but makes sense to me...LOL!

[/blockquote]

No, quite the opposite. If you break a cookie into two pieces it produces twice as many calories--doesn't that make sense?

Re: Review - Lemon-Cumin Chicken with Med Salad - HomeCulinarian - 04-02-2009

Quote:

No, quite the opposite. If you break a cookie into two pieces it produces twice as many calories--doesn't that make sense?

Re: Review - Lemon-Cumin Chicken with Med Salad - chef_Tab - 04-02-2009

My college roomate tells me that when you cut a cake, all the calories fall out. She is a very intelligent woman, so it must be so. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Re: Review - Lemon-Cumin Chicken with Med Salad - chef_Tab - 04-02-2009

I just noticed I am now an "old hand". Geez, that doesn't sound very attractive. And I thought "stranger" was harsh!

Re: Review - Lemon-Cumin Chicken with Med Salad - DFen911 - 04-02-2009

Lol Theresa here's some geritol Tongue

**runs**

Re: Review - Lemon-Cumin Chicken with Med Salad - chef_Tab - 04-03-2009

Look, Denise! you just reached 2000! Is that a geritol jello shooter?