Cuisine at home Forums
Le Creuset - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Le Creuset (/showthread.php?tid=80957)

Le Creuset - Roxanne 21 - 04-25-2009

We went to one of the major up-market shopping malls a few weeks ago and there was a Le Creuset shop---in all of its glory!! I thougt I died and went to heaven----and I salivated over EVERY item. The prices are off the charts but what a beautiful line! I walked out saying that I really have to think about this to justify the price----Peter doesn't help because he says if you want it--buy it!!! (Ain't I just the most spoiled woman!!!) Not a good thing to do but I am very disciplined

I did purchase a Santuko knife---the first one that I have held in my hand that is comfortable----I LOVE IT!!!! It is almost like---"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE!!!!" It is a Sabatier---awesome!!!

Now I am thinking about one of those Dutch ovens---and those cute little ramekins and....and....and!!

One of those Dutch ovens for sure---any suggestions on the best size??? AHHHHHH-------------

Re: Le Creuset - DFen911 - 04-25-2009

Oh Rox I want one of those too!! I want the 7 1/4 and the 9 quart. The 7 would probably do fine for us, but knowing I could do a big ol roast and all the trimmings in that 9 quart...oh drool. What colors are you leaning towards? They have new colors too.

Re: Le Creuset - foodfiend - 04-25-2009

I also drool over Le Creuset! DH gets plenty bored, watching me pick them up, caress their smooth surface, oooh and aaaah... (but, in my defense, I warn him what will happen when we wander into a kitchen store!)

But I have this nasty, cheap, fun-destroying conscience that simply won't allow me to actually purchase one. I was set to buy an 6-quart enamelled cast-iron Dutch oven by Lodge for the (compared to LeC) low cost of about $65. Then I found one at Sam's Club for $40. It's not a pretty blue (red), and it's just plain ol' round, but I am accepting it...

Re: Le Creuset - Trixxee - 04-25-2009

I love my few Le Creuset pieces. I have the 7 1/4 quart french oven in yellow - got that at the Carlsbad, CA outlet. An oval shaped french oven in an old color - sort of coppperish color. I think that's 5 1/2 quarts or so. I don't think they even make it anymore. I also have a blue pie plate that I use for all sorts of stuff (never made a pie in it!). I think I got that at Whole Foods of all places years ago.

Such great quality.

Re: Le Creuset - Old Bay - 04-25-2009

We have the 6&3/4 qt oval Dutch oven--it is perfect for a nice roast or a stew for 6-8. We got it at an outlet for about half price. I sometime cook for a crowd and are debating getting the 9&1/2 qt oval (but not until we find it for half price!). We do think the oval fits our need better.

Re: Le Creuset - Mare749 - 04-25-2009

"One of those Dutch ovens for sure---any suggestions on the best size???"

Only my opinion here, but unless you are cooking for a crowd, you might be happy with a mid size. I'm anxious to hear what your favorite color is too!

I know shipping charges would probably be enormous, but they do have some specials listed at:
www.surlatable.com

When Cis and I went there a few weeks ago, we were both admiring the Staub cookware too! Check it out.

Re: Le Creuset - Roxanne 21 - 04-25-2009

I think I will "settle" for the almost 7 qt. That seems to be the most practical for our needs. I would really love more opinions though!!

There are some beautiful bright colors but I am more the conservative and will most likely settle for the blue----although the red and the yellow might be a lively addition to my dull black, stainless steel and walnut kitchen, Choices, choices

The kiwi green and the orange and the purple and the..and the...and the... lovely!!!

Re: Le Creuset - Gourmet_Mom - 04-25-2009

Oh, I have also secretly coveted one myself! Like so many others have said, I just can't bring myself to pay the price. I'll have to check on one of those outlet stores Bill mentioned.

Bill, was it a LeCreuset outlet, or just a regular outlet store that carried the line?

Re: Le Creuset - Old Bay - 04-25-2009

Quote:

Oh, I have also secretly cosseted one myself! Like so many others have said, I just can't bring myself to pay the price. I'll have to check on one of those outlet stores Bill mentioned.

Bill, was it a LeCreuset outlet, or just a regular outlet store that carried the line?

LeCreuset in San Marcos Tx. It was a "2nd", but we can't find the flaw. (Between San Antonio and Austin)

Re: Le Creuset - Trixxee - 04-25-2009

Here's a weekend sale on the 7 1/4 pot in red. $229.99 and free shipping.

http://www.jr.com/le-creuset/pe/LCU_L2501_hy_28_hy_67/

Do check amazon from time to time if you aren't near an outlet. I could almost swear they have pretty good sales from time to time.