Cuisine at home Forums
4/27 - Monday's Dinner? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: 4/27 - Monday's Dinner? (/showthread.php?tid=81093)

4/27 - Monday's Dinner? - cjs - 04-27-2009

We're having plain ole family tacos!! (eat your heart out, madmax!!) I had dinner planned for tomorrow, but after how many years of making tacos and especially since there is just the two of us, I CAN NOT make the right amount of goodies (beef,lettuce, tomatoes, olives, cheese, onions) for tacos - always leftovers, we're going to have a taco salad! It kills me when it takes so darn many years to get a good ides.

What you you all up to?

Re: 4/27 - Monday's Dinner? - Trixxee - 04-27-2009

We did a beer can chicken on Saturday so I've got some leftover chicken. I'm going to make a pan of enchiladas. I think we'll get three meals out of that $3.50 chicken!

Re: 4/27 - Monday's Dinner? - Dismc - 04-27-2009

Jean, don't know if you do this with your tortillas but it's become a favorite in our house. Have always fried them in the past but now we spray them with Pam and heat them until toasty on a very hot griddle. No fat and they taste delicious and the corn taste really comes through.

Re: 4/27 - Monday's Dinner? - esgunn - 04-27-2009

Heading to a friends Kids High School baseball game. Taking hot dogs, apple slices and Craker Jacks! Oh and probably some Hot Chocolate - it is still pretty cold.

Re: 4/27 - Monday's Dinner? - pjcooks - 04-27-2009

Probably chicken leg quarters on the grill, peas and rolls. Klondikes for dessert It's 80 some odd degrees here, how the &$#@ did that happen in April?? May see another day like today tomorrow, then we'll patiently wait till the 4th of July - it's not uncommon for us to get snowstorms that will dump ten inches of snow in May.

PJ

Re: 4/27 - Monday's Dinner? - cjs - 04-27-2009

"we spray them with Pam and heat them until toasty on a very hot griddle." What a great idea - I'll do it tonight! Thanks Shannon!!

Re: 4/27 - Monday's Dinner? - Trixxee - 04-27-2009

That is a great idea!

Re: 4/27 - Monday's Dinner? - Mare749 - 04-27-2009

Quote:

Jean, don't know if you do this with your tortillas but it's become a favorite in our house. Have always fried them in the past but now we spray them with Pam and heat them until toasty on a very hot griddle. No fat and they taste delicious and the corn taste really comes through.

What a super idea! Thanks Dismc!

We had hamburgs on the grill, corn on the cob, and l/o red bliss potato salad. Still have some strawberries etc. from yesterday, so might have dessert later.

Re: 4/27 - Monday's Dinner? - cjs - 04-27-2009

Your hint also reminded me to get out my molds for the tortillas for taco salad tomorrow night. I do them like you mention - just spray with Pam and fit into the molds and bake for the bowls. thanks again.

Re: 4/27 - Monday's Dinner? - Old Bay - 04-27-2009

We've changed our plans--tornados,wind and heavy rain have been here for 3 hrs.
We have flashlites ready!! The worst has past, and Lord knows, Texas needs rain!!!! LEFTOVERS!!!!!!