Cuisine at home Forums
April/May birthdays??? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: April/May birthdays??? (/showthread.php?tid=81115)

April/May birthdays??? - Mare749 - 04-27-2009

Is anyone else going to post their birthday party menu?

Vicci??? It's not too late. PJ??? Did you post yours yet?

Re: April/May birthdays??? - foodfiend - 04-27-2009

Hmmm, I don't recall having done this before and I have to ask-- what all is involved? I dropped most of my cooking mags, incl CAH, so I would have nothing new to offer in a menu from this publication (which hosts this wonderful forum). Is there a "sticky" which outlines the requirements?

Re: April/May birthdays??? - cjs - 04-28-2009

No real outlines - and it is fun to go back to the old C@H magazines and find something you haven't tried. That is about the only criteria, that it be from the magazine.

Hope you can find something from one of the old issues.

Re: April/May birthdays??? - foodfiend - 04-28-2009

Oooh, NO RULES!!!

Okay, then, I will join in even though I'm 8 days into my 51st year...

I feel a little badly, though, because I can't often make the birthday menus others post because we don't eat red meat, sub lowfat dairy for the "regular stuff" (cheese, cream, etc.) but I shall give it a try.

good. All of us are willing to give up red meat for at least one B'day dinner!!

Re: April/May birthdays??? - Mare749 - 04-28-2009

Good for you, Vicci. I'm glad you are going to join in. There are plenty of great recipes for both chicken and fish. In fact, I just found one last night that I had not made for Shrimp Parmesan and thought it sounded good.

Re: April/May birthdays??? - foodfiend - 04-28-2009

Maryann, in which issue was the Shrimp Parm? I may have it.

Okay, I have to choose between two in my favorite issue that I have been meaning to try (July '07, I think but I don't know where I put it!). Do I then post the menu and a date for reviewing it?

Re: April/May birthdays??? - Mare749 - 04-28-2009

Yes, Vicci, that's what you do. Post the menu and pick a date for review, either in one or two weeks, usually on a Monday is what we have previously done.

The Shrimp Parmesan Recipe is in Issue No. 66. Let me know if you need it and I'll type it up as soon as I can.

For the birthday dinner, you can post a full menu if you want to, or just an entree. It's fun either way and whoever wants to participate can make all or part of your menu.

Vicci, since there are so many b'days in May, we had to kind of abbreviate the schedule so everyone could have a chance.

week of 5/ll - 5/18 (review day) is PJ's (SHE STILL HAS NOT CHOSEN A MENU......
week of 5/18 - 5/25 (review day)is Barbarainnc, but she hasn't said if she's going to participate.
week of 5/25 - 6/1 (review day) is cj - (me)

Why don't you take the week 5/4 - 5/11 (your review day)?? does that work for you?

Re: April/May birthdays??? - Gourmet_Mom - 04-28-2009

Oh, Vicci, I am sooo glad you're going to join in! We LOVE chicken and especially, seafood! Pick away!!!!!!