Cuisine at home Forums
Dinner Tonight - It's Friday ALREADY???? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Dinner Tonight - It's Friday ALREADY???? (/showthread.php?tid=81376)

Dinner Tonight - It's Friday ALREADY???? - cjs - 05-01-2009

Where did the week go??? I have leftover 'mystery' fish, a couple pork chops thawing out, a marinara sauce recipe I want to try (from Cooking.com)...what to do, what to do.

What are you all up to?

Oh, maybe a pasta dish topped with l/o bacon wrapped fish - the sauce made with pork chop bones???? hmmmmm

Re: Dinner Tonight - It's Friday ALREADY???? - labradors - 05-01-2009

Haven't decided exactly how I'll do it, yet, but I'm planning to make a casserole with pasta, chicken, bacon, onions, mozzarella, and a cream-sage sauce.

Re: Dinner Tonight - It's Friday ALREADY???? - cjs - 05-01-2009

what's not to love in those ingred??

Re: Dinner Tonight - It's Friday ALREADY???? - Mare749 - 05-01-2009

Well, as soon as it stops pouring down rain here, I'm heading to the fish market. All this talk about fish has my mouth watering. Ron is going to be so surprised.

Re: Dinner Tonight - It's Friday ALREADY???? - farnfam - 05-01-2009

Our Aldi has the big Cinco de Mayo sale going on and I scored a few bags of tostadas. So, I think dinner is going to be chicken, black beans, salsa etc. on tostadas,with Magaritas, of course.

Re: Dinner Tonight - It's Friday ALREADY???? - Harborwitch - 05-01-2009

That sounds really good - let's see Crispy Fish Tostadas???

Re: Dinner Tonight - It's Friday ALREADY???? - cjs - 05-01-2009

went thru my mind also, Sharon, but Roy (not being a Mexican in a previous life as his wife was....) had to eat Mexican inspired dishes a couple times this week already. Darn.

Re: Dinner Tonight - It's Friday ALREADY???? - Trixxee - 05-01-2009

Either C@H's Salt and Pepper Shrimp (a friend made it last week and highly recommended it) or linguine with clam sauce.

Re: Dinner Tonight - It's Friday ALREADY???? - Harborwitch - 05-01-2009

Bob whined about too much Asian this week. Tortelini with chicken & broc. in alfredo sauce, Swedish meatball stuff on noodles, grilled london broil (marinated in Italian herbs wine & olive oil) with orzo with fava beans radishes and fresh asparagus, and last night was Asian meets country with Jerk seasoned, plum and ginger marinated pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon and roasted (served with a plum ginger BBQ sauce, sauteed corn and peppers, and brown rice.

I'm having difficulty with the whine about Asian. He has requested Mexican tonight. I have some tamales in the freezer - and I think the Tostadas.

Re: Dinner Tonight - It's Friday ALREADY???? - labradors - 05-01-2009

Quote:

... too much Asian...

Not possible.