Cuisine at home Forums
OT-Chipotle Powder...Other uses - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: OT-Chipotle Powder...Other uses (/showthread.php?tid=81673)

OT-Chipotle Powder...Other uses - bjcotton - 05-06-2009

I heard this strange sound and wondered what Jesse was doing around the corner. Walked over and he had gnawed a good-sized depression into the hard-wood flooring. I debated on going to the pet center to get something to make him leave it alone, then thought to put some Tabasco on it. Then I saw the Chipotle Powder...he watched me sprinkle it on the depression and then went and sniffed it/licked it. He then trotted away shaking his head and licking his lips. He hasn't offered to go near it again. I just might have to treat the holes he digs in the backyard. I was so angry I shut him in the bathroom while I cooled down.

Re: OT-Chipotle Powder...Other uses - Mare749 - 05-06-2009

Oh, the joys of puppy-hood! What would you do without him?

You have to admit, Billy, that Jesse makes sure that YOU get enough exercise every day.

Re: OT-Chipotle Powder...Other uses - bjcotton - 05-06-2009

Yeah, he does. The cleaning up the gnawing in addition to 3 baths to get the mud off him today has kept me hopping...plus, shampooing the chair he hopped on, washing & drying towels and my muddy clothes. Today was another day I'd have happily given him away...wonder if Sharon and Bob want another dog?

Re: OT-Chipotle Powder...Other uses - labradors - 05-06-2009

Yep. Usually, it's cayenne that's suggested, but chipotle would work, too - unless it's a Mexican dog.

Re: OT-Chipotle Powder...Other uses - Old Bay - 05-06-2009

Neutering would help.

(Edited to be more compassionate)

Re: OT-Chipotle Powder...Other uses - Mare749 - 05-07-2009

Maybe you need to call the "Dog Whisperer"

Seriously, have you ever watched the guy on TV? He is very good. Also, there is another one, Victoria, that I like to watch. Both are on Animal Planet.

Re: OT-Chipotle Powder...Other uses - Lorraine - 05-07-2009

Billy, I've used cayenne in the garden to keep rabbits away. but not in the house. I know they have sprays that will deter cats, not sure if they have any for dogs. does he have any chew toys? Just kidding, Im sure he has lots.

Re: OT-Chipotle Powder...Other uses - cjs - 05-07-2009

There are sprays for dogs. When we lived in Washington in the 80s, they were illegal here but Tracie sent us a can she could buy in Oregon. Worked like a charm (not for a Lab - not sure it would have worked with him ) for the puppy we had at the time.

Re: OT-Chipotle Powder...Other uses - Lorraine - 05-07-2009

Quote:

they were illegal here

I wonder if there's nasty chemicals in them. ( I know there has to be something in them). I was always leary of using it on furniture, but did use ot on plant pots etc.

Re: OT-Chipotle Powder...Other uses - cjs - 05-07-2009

I had to use it for Christmas presents - the little b@st@rd always went for them!!!