Cuisine at home Forums
Kids cookbook and journal - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Kids cookbook and journal (/showthread.php?tid=81676)

Kids cookbook and journal - esgunn - 05-06-2009

I know many of you have done something similar -and I have not actually seen this one (disclaimer)! But thought it was a neat idea. I was reaserching kids journaling for a summer writing project and came across this. I might make something similar for my kids - someday.

cookbook4kids.com

Re: Kids cookbook and journal - cjs - 05-07-2009

What a great project, Erin!! I made a cookbook for the young son of friends of ours and put it in a 3-ring binder, so he (and I) can add to it over the years. I've since given copies to a couple of other kids just starting out in the kitchen and they've had fun with it.

Here's a sample to get them really interested -

* Exported from MasterCook *

PIZZA PINWHEELS

1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough
2 c shredded mozzarella cheese -- (8 ounces)
24 slices sliced pepperoni sausage
1 can pizza sauce -- (14 ounce)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

On a large baking sheet, pinch the 8 crescent roll dough triangles into 4 rectangles.

Layer each rectangle with 6 pepperonis and even amounts of mozzarella cheese.

Roll tightly lengthwise and slice each into 4 or more pieces.

Bake in the preheated oven 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.

Prep Time: approx. 20 Minutes. Cook Time: approx. 12 Minutes. Ready in: approx. 32 Minutes. Makes 16 pinwheels (8 servings).

------

Re: Kids cookbook and journal - Lorraine - 05-07-2009

What a great idea, Erin! I have a bunch of neices and nephews that will be ready to start cooking in a few years.

Re: Kids cookbook and journal - Mare749 - 05-07-2009

I love this idea, Erin! As many of you know, two of my grandbabies love to help me in the kitchen.

Re: Kids cookbook and journal - esgunn - 05-08-2009

Thanks Jean, for the recipe! Can't wait to try it with the kids!

Re: Kids cookbook and journal - Gourmet_Mom - 05-08-2009

What a cute idea! I saw a news show back in January about a little girl...about 10?...who was invited to go to the inauguration, but her parents couldn't afford to send her. She set about calling all her relatives for recipes and published a cookbook to sell to raise the money. I thought that was so cool!!!!!

Re: Kids cookbook and journal - labradors - 05-08-2009

LOL! Daphne. As I was reading that, I kept thinking you were going finish it up by saying that all the recipes turned out to be for pork.