Cuisine at home Forums
Orzo Side Dish - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Orzo Side Dish (/showthread.php?tid=82322)

Orzo Side Dish - cjs - 05-22-2009

I need a quick side dish for tonight - was it Maryann or Cis or _________ who had a great one? not too long ago. Crap, I sure miss my memory.

Anyone remember what it was - or I'll just cook some up and start adding, I guess. thanks.

Re: Orzo Side Dish - Trixxee - 05-22-2009

I made a lemony orzo dish with those meatballs the other night so it's in that same issue (Feb 09 I think)?

Could not be easier. Just cook orzo according to package directions. Then add EVOO, lemon juice, lemon peel, chopped parsley, S&P.

I'm making it again this weekend with grilled shrimp.

Re: Orzo Side Dish - farnfam - 05-22-2009

We do it with the chix juice and oregeano, topped with parm, but Trixee's sounds better

Re: Orzo Side Dish - Mare749 - 05-22-2009

It's probably too late for this today, but this one is really yummy!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Ricotta Orzo

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 pound orzo
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 1/4 cups chopped leeks -- rinsed well
1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup fresh ricotta
4 strips thick bacon -- cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup whole milk -- warmed
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon chopped dill (or chervil, chives, or parsley)

Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil, Add a tablespoon salt and the pasta. Cook for 4 minutes. Drain, and rinse well. Set aside. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the leeks. Cook until leeks are tender and bright green, about 3 minutes. Add the peas, salt, and pepper and cook for 1 minute. Add the orzo, ricotta, and bacon, and toss well over medium heat until warm, about 3 minutes. Add the milk, parmesan, and dill and cook for 1 more minute. Serve hot.

Source:
"Country Living - June 2008"

Re: Orzo Side Dish - cjs - 05-23-2009

That's the one Maryann!! Altho the others are good also. Oh well, dinner was pretty much a blur anyway. One neighbor came home after 4 weeks and wanted to catch up (2 bottles of wine), we left them as another neighbor was coming home and hadn't talk to for so long, another 1 1/2 bottles.....

Thank heavens the salad was made or we'd have just had grilled pork chops.

Feel pretty good this a.m. tho.