Cuisine at home Forums
Jesse got hurt..not bad though - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Jesse got hurt..not bad though (/showthread.php?tid=82357)

Jesse got hurt..not bad though - bjcotton - 05-22-2009

About 3 weeks ago we were playing fetch in the house. Jesse slipped on the hardwood floor and his front legs got splayed out. Because he was still limping a little I took him to the vet ($348 later), she told me he had a chip of cartilege in his shoulder. I'm to give him pain pills for a week and glucosimine for a couple of months. He is to be kept quiet (yeah right) and not let outside unless he is on a leash...no jumping or running. How I'm going to keep him quiet I certainly don't know, but I'll try. He's still under the sedative now, so he's REAL quiet.

Re: Jesse got hurt..not bad though - Harborwitch - 05-22-2009

Billy! He was rough-housing like mad here? Hug him for us and just give him lots of snuggles

Re: Jesse got hurt..not bad though - Mare749 - 05-22-2009

Now that's going to be real interesting...good luck with that!

Hope Jesse heals quickly. Have you made those doggie cookies for him yet?

Re: Jesse got hurt..not bad though - farnfam - 05-22-2009

Aww, poor Jesse and poor Billyj trying to keep him quiet will be quite the challenge, I'm thinking

Re: Jesse got hurt..not bad though - Lorraine - 05-23-2009

Good luck keeping the Energizer Puppy quiet, billy. The glucosamine works wonders on them.

Re: Jesse got hurt..not bad though - cjs - 05-23-2009

Oh, poor little guy - and I'll add my good luck to the others keeping himm down.

Re: Jesse got hurt..not bad though - bjcotton - 05-23-2009

Luckily the glucosamine and the pain/anti-inflammatory are chewable and he likes them...he doesn't like the Pepto-Bismal I give him when he has diahrrea...of course neither do I.

Re: Jesse got hurt..not bad though - DFen911 - 05-23-2009

What does mom always say? No playing in the house! See it even applies to puppies.

I'm so glad he wasn't seriously hurt poor dear. Give him a good scratch from me

Re: Jesse got hurt..not bad though - bjcotton - 05-23-2009

I was occupied a while ago and he was running through the house like a mad dog. He made a speed turn into the bathroom and ended up plastered against the wall. He couldn't stop fast enough.

I went and got one of those corkscrew thingies that you screw into the ground to chain them to. It has a 15' lead on it so he has room to move around, but not to run. My neighbor brought him back about an hour ago...I had this plastic chicken fencing to keep him in the back yard and he just blew right through it. I guess it calls for new fencing.

Re: Jesse got hurt..not bad though - labradors - 05-24-2009

Billy,

Sorry to hear about Jesse's "owie," but please be VERY careful with long leads. I knew two dogs who were accidentally hanged because of them. In one case, a neighbour's German shepherd had been tied to a porch column and had jumped off the porch. In the other, my aunt and uncle's Irish Setter had been on a long lead strapped to a clothesline (with the idea of allowing for exercise but not running away) and had leapt over the privacy-screen fence. When they came home, they didn't see him in the back yard - just the lead going over the fence - and when they went around to the other side of the fence, they discovered he had only missed being on solid ground by about two inches.

It happens more than you may realise, so make sure there's no way that Jesse would be able to jump over, into or out of anything that would turn the lead into a noose.