Cuisine at home Forums
Harvesting Curly Endive - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Harvesting Curly Endive (/showthread.php?tid=82777)

Harvesting Curly Endive - Gourmet_Mom - 05-30-2009

I have several plants of this and have been enjoying it tremendously this Spring. My question is this...I've been taking cuttings along the outside leaves, but now it is getting tall. Can I cut the top and leave a little of the plant and it will grow back? This is my first successful experience with lettuce, and I want it to last as long as possible. How long will it continue to make? This AND the leaf lettuces I have growing?

Re: Harvesting Curly Endive - cjs - 05-30-2009

I do as you do and just keep cutting the leaves off - I've never tried to cut it back. but, I also palnt successive (that's not spelled right and I'm too tired to look it up) (I guess too much wine tasting after the bottling...can't spell 'plant' either - time to get off the computer )

What I'm trying to eloquently say is....I plant more lettuce/greens plants every couple months to make them lat longer. Whew!!

Re: Harvesting Curly Endive - Gourmet_Mom - 05-30-2009

Thanks Jean! Looks like you had a good day!

I'll have to pay a visit to the nursery again soon and pick up some more plants. While there, I'll ask the owner for further advice. It's still producing some good lettuce, but I'm thinking it's about to go.