Cuisine at home Forums
Just having too much fun! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Just having too much fun! (/showthread.php?tid=83213)

Just having too much fun! - Harborwitch - 06-08-2009

I haven't been spending as much time here as I would have liked of late. It just feels like life is interfering with my LIFE.

A couple weeks ago we drove up to Laurie's for our Granddaughter Caroline's "promotion" from 8th grade to a high school freshman. It was wonderful! She was one of three student speakers at the ceremony, and is on the President's Gold List for academic achievement.

[Image: 3607466491_00693b9990.jpg]

The proud and happy family - left to right: Laurie, Caroline, John, and Greta.

[Image: 3608282820_d5331fb829.jpg]

Greta got a chance to show off a bit for us. She is becoming quite the musician - she plays the sax in a band is getting pretty good on the guitar her Grampa Floyd gave her (Yes, that is a Fender Stratocaster!)

[Image: 3607725473_8c168028ea.jpg]

Last week "the girls" came over for lunch and we got to have a nice visit with Havannah! She's such a good baby, and cuter than a bug's ear. Oh look - she has her Greatgramma's chins!

[Image: 3607466251_f7ae54e611.jpg]

Jennifer has been calling and bugging - she and Dan are furnishing her kitchen and she's having a ball! The first thing he got her was a Viking mixer. Yesterday they celebrated their 4 week anniversary with a trip to Sur la Table for a shopping trip. Today she's shopping for all the stuff, including a comal, to make Chicken Mole for him tonight. I guess the cooking genes run pretty deep in this family! She's anxious to stock the spice rack from Penzeys'. Dan pretty much says if I tell her she needs it she gets it. I'm so happy for her! (and yes, there's a tinge of green) She's looking a cookbooks and . . . . . oh my! It's a "mini me"!

Well must get back to work. Lots to do today!

Re: Just having too much fun! - Gourmet_Mom - 06-08-2009

Okay, let's try this again....LOL! I was wondering about the location of this post!

You sure have been busy! What a lovely family you have, Sharon. And Jennifer, what a snag you made to get a sweet hubby that intends to spoil you! LUCKY GIRL!

Re: Just having too much fun! - Harborwitch - 06-08-2009

Thank you! I'm kind of proud of them all.

A funny little aside. Jen and Dan were in the grocery store and she was looking for something she wanted in the produce section. They asked the produce manager - his reply was "well you can't always get what you want" Dan's reply was "what Jennifer wants, she gets". Spoiled isn't the word!

You know I don't know what happened?????? Crazy computers.

Re: Just having too much fun! - Mare749 - 06-08-2009

Oh my gosh, Sharon! Just looking at your pictures brings tears to my eyes. I know just how proud of your beautiful family you must be and rightly so! Thanks for sharing your happiness with us.

Re: Just having too much fun! - Harborwitch - 06-08-2009

It was funny when Caroline got the President's award the presenter explained that there would be a letter from President Obama - her folks were thrilled about the achievement but would have preferred the letter to be signed by some one else. Gotta laugh, it's family!

Re: Just having too much fun! - DFen911 - 06-08-2009

Wow that is quite an accomplishment for someone her age to get up and make a speech Very well done. That shows she's going to be outgoing and assertive. Oh these next 4 years will go by so fast

Tell Greta to never, ever give up on her music. It will help her in so many ways and what a wonderful talent to have

Re: Just having too much fun! - cjs - 06-09-2009

Great post, pictures and bringing us up to date with the family, Sharon!!

Re: Just having too much fun! - HomeCulinarian - 06-09-2009

Oh, happy days with your family! Thanx for sharing the photos.

Re: Just having too much fun! - Harborwitch - 06-09-2009

Thank so much all! It's really nice to be close and involved and we are so very proud of them all.