Cuisine at home Forums
Steak Grillades and Cheese Noodles - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Steak Grillades and Cheese Noodles (/showthread.php?tid=83462)

Steak Grillades and Cheese Noodles - Cubangirl - 06-14-2009

I made the Steak Grillades and Cheese Noodles from Cuisine Tonight for dinner today. I had cooked the grillades a couple of days ago, but ended up not having them, so I refrigerated it and reheated it in the microwave tonight. I used part of a sirloin tip roast from Costco which I had divided into 3 meals (4 steaks, 1 lb for the grillades and 2 1/2 for CI's beef stroganoff), trimmed, used a jackard to tenderize the meat, foodsavered and frozen. I used some red bells I had foodsaveed and frozen, slicing them while still frozen, then left on a paper towel to absorb any extra wetness while I browned the meat. Used the spices in the recipe (all Penzeys). It reheated beautifully and DH loved it. Though, I thought it had a bit too much residual heat for me and next time I'll do 1/4 tsps each of the black pepper and cayenne, I still enjoyed it, gave it 4 out of 5 stars.
The cheese noodles they suggested as a side were wonderful and so quick and easy (5 stars). I used TJ's tri-color egg ribbon pasta and regular pre-shredded Monterrey Jack cheese (pepper jack would have made it even hotter). Rather than just tossing everything in a bowl, I browned the butter in a large sauté pan, then added the noodles, a bit of the salted pasta water and the cheese. It was really good. I will be making this again soon. Having had the meat done, dinner was on the table in less than 15 minutes. We had my favorite cucumber/vidalia/fresh dill salad with the meal. Thanks C@H.

Re: Steak Grillades and Cheese Noodles - cjs - 06-14-2009

Haven't made this one - sure sounds good and a fast one.

Re: Steak Grillades and Cheese Noodles - HomeCulinarian - 06-14-2009

Sounds good... Nice review and efficient use of your ingredients

Re: Steak Grillades and Cheese Noodles - Lorraine - 06-14-2009

That sounds really good. Thanks for the review.

Re: Steak Grillades and Cheese Noodles - Gourmet_Mom - 06-14-2009

I'll have to check this out. Thanks for the review.