Cuisine at home Forums
Leftover London Broil - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Leftover London Broil (/showthread.php?tid=83488)

Leftover London Broil - esgunn - 06-14-2009

Any Idea on what I can do with an overcooked (Medium to Med Well) hunk of london broil?

I was out of town and my inlaws made dinner for my hubby, but he said it was tough and overcooked. I know he didn't slice it right to get the most tenderness it could offer, but it is a shame to waste a hunk of meat.

I was contimplating french dip sandwiches sliced very very thin, or a taco/steak salad of some sort - Again sliced very very thin. But anyother thoughts would be great.

Re: Leftover London Broil - Dismc - 06-14-2009

Erin, whenever I have leftover beef, I add it along with diced potatoes to C@H's Maque Choux. Delicious and easy one dish meal.

Re: Leftover London Broil - cjs - 06-14-2009

Hash, stroganoff, grind up and add mustard, pickles, hard-cooked eggs and use for a sandwich filling...now you're going to be on my mind all evening thinking of things I do with something like this....

Re: Leftover London Broil - Old Bay - 06-14-2009

Slice thin-serve over salad greens, tomatoes,onions, sliced hearts of palm, black olives, and blu cheese dressing with crumbles--have a pinot noir!! Garlic bread!!

Re: Leftover London Broil - Gourmet_Mom - 06-14-2009

Don't you hate when that happens? I'm afraid I don't have anything more to offer. My first choice would probably be to do a French Dip. I'd be tempted to let the sliced meat simmer for a bit in the broth with some thinly sliced onions to add a little moisture to the meat and a little more flavor to the stock/broth. The stroganoff would be my next choice because of the added moisture.

Re: Leftover London Broil - esgunn - 06-14-2009

Thanks everyone. The ideas were great! Unfortunately, while I was busy weeding in the garden, hubby came in and snacked on it.

Somehow the whole conversation we had about what to do with it to make it more appealing and use it up did not enter his brain - while the mouth was engaged.

Re: Leftover London Broil - DFen911 - 06-14-2009

Lol well I take mine dice it up, add some fresh fine chopped onions, mayo, sour cream, fresh herbs and make grinders

Not that this helps now...but..

Re: Leftover London Broil - Trixxee - 06-14-2009

Steak quesadillas or steak burritos.

Re: Leftover London Broil - Mare749 - 06-14-2009

Wow, some really great ideas here. I use leftover meat in my soups and especially in chili. Just dice it up and it gets more tender after soaking in the soup. I've done this with pork also.