Cuisine at home Forums
Happy Father's Day! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Happy Father's Day! (/showthread.php?tid=83821)

Happy Father's Day! - HomeCulinarian - 06-21-2009

The real heroes of the world are the men who take the time to make a difference in the life of a child. Happy Father’s Day to all the men on this Forum. Hope you have a great dinner and a great day!

Re: Happy Father's Day! - cjs - 06-21-2009

Amen!

Re: Happy Father's Day! - Mare749 - 06-21-2009

Wow, what a nice thing to say, and so true too!

Re: Happy Father's Day! - pjcooks - 06-22-2009

Quote:

The real heroes of the world are the men who take the time to make a difference in the life of a child. Happy Father’s Day to all the men on this Forum. Hope you have a great dinner and a great day!

Jeanette, spoken with eloquence. Happy Father's Day, all you Dads out there!

PJ

Re: Happy Father's Day! - Gourmet_Mom - 06-22-2009

A day late, but what the heck! I agree with everyone else....Jeanette said it best of all!

Happy Father's Day to all the guys out there...those with their own kids AND the ones who have made a difference in the life of a kid along the way.

Re: Happy Father's Day! - HomeCulinarian - 06-22-2009

Wish I could take credit for the quote; it's not original. I like that it's inclusive.

Re: Happy Father's Day! - bjcotton - 06-22-2009

What wonderful things to say! Although I don't have any children (except Jesse) I do know I have made a difference in some of my nieces and nephews lives and I am quite proud of it.

Re: Happy Father's Day! - Old Bay - 06-22-2009

I had a wonderful day!!! Spent the weekend in Plano and Dallas with my daughter Holly, husband Nick ( who is a great father) and my grandsons Peyton and Christian who will be 7 and 5 this fall. Jane & I fed them a brunch Sat. and Italian Sat nite. Holly fed us a beautiful pasta salad for lunch Sun with a nice Chateau St Michelle Chardonnay and Nick grilled excellent steaks and grilled corn and served with an Estansia Pinot Noir. The boys ate some of the steak and had a lot of fun!! (By the way, my Holly is as fine and patient a mother as I have ever seen). A delightful trip. They are coming to se us on the 4th..

Re: Happy Father's Day! - cjs - 06-23-2009

good on you, Dad Bill!! Roy walked around in the a.m. saying, "Feels like I should be doing something, but it sure feels good not to have to!" He's really been busy 'handymanning' the neighborhood the last month or so.