Cuisine at home Forums
New C@H Books - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: New C@H Books (/showthread.php?tid=84508)

New C@H Books - cjs - 07-07-2009

I finally have in my hot little hands two of the new C@H cookbooks. While I saw some things in the Grilling one, the Weeknight Menus (what is it, #3?) is outstanding. I'm only to page 23 and so far I want to make every recipe I've seen!!

I, for one, am very happy to see they have not lost their touch with tantalizing us with recipe ideas.

Re: New C@H Books - Gourmet_Mom - 07-07-2009

Sounds good...Thanks for the heads up. I haven't picked that one up yet.

Re: New C@H Books - Mare749 - 07-07-2009

Can't wait to get it, mine is on order. So, what recipe will you use first?

Re: New C@H Books - HomeCulinarian - 07-07-2009

I've been looking at Sam's Club each week for it to be on sale... not yet! I'll break down and order it if it isn't on the shelf soon.

Re: New C@H Books - cjs - 07-07-2009

O.K., finished looking thru it - I'm wanting to make every darn recipe except one. Not real interested in some kind of a tofu sandwich (vegetarian reuben sandwich )

What a great book. I have ribs thawed out and there are no recipes for ribs in it, so will have to start tomorrow - don't know what I'll do first.

Re: New C@H Books - esgunn - 07-07-2009

I really want that new weeknight book. I have also been watching Sam's Club and Costco. Trying to be patient.

Decided to just go from the start - so, on the menu is -

Honey-Mustard Chicken (a little different from my old family favorite - it has waluts and chevre )
Chili-Basil Shrimp on Rice

The two first recipes in the book.
Then a Smoked Salmon Pasta

Re: New C@H Books - Mare749 - 07-07-2009

Oh my, I'm off to check my mail box right now!

the chicken has 'walnuts' also....

hope it's there, Maryann!

Re: New C@H Books - carolekv - 07-09-2009

Awesome! I was resisting because I have the other two weeknight mags - first was great, second some duplicates and okay but less great. Now I guess my resistance is futile and I should go right out and get this one!