Cuisine at home Forums
A good pizza making tip - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: A good pizza making tip (/showthread.php?tid=85196)

A good pizza making tip - Mare749 - 07-22-2009

Found this tip (as well as some others) on breadtopia.com yesterday, and wanted to share. I don't happen to have a pizza peel, but this works very well.

"Prepare the crusts on top of upside down cookie sheets that have been lined with parchment (works better than semolina or bread crumbs). Slide paper & pizza into oven/grill and once the pizza has been on the stone for a half minute, the parchment paper slips right out from beneath!"

Re: A good pizza making tip - cjs - 07-22-2009

How interesting! and it works on the grill??? You can use this method when using direct heat on a grill? Gotta try this.

Re: A good pizza making tip - Gourmet_Mom - 07-22-2009

HMMMM? Me too, there have been a couple times I got in a hurry and crumpled my dough on the grill. Fixing it is a hot job!

Re: A good pizza making tip - Mare749 - 07-22-2009

I don't know for sure how it works on the grill because I haven't tried it yet, (it was raining yesterday) but it does work beautifully in the oven on the pizza stone. The tip came from a blogger on breadtopia.

Will be trying this on the grill soon!

Re: A good pizza making tip - labradors - 07-22-2009

No susrprise: parchment seems to be able to cure almost anything.

Re: A good pizza making tip - cjs - 04-05-2011

thanks to anon - I had forgotten about this tip. And, forgot to try it. got it copied now.

Re: A good pizza making tip - Mare749 - 04-05-2011

Funny, I forgot about it too and still use the backside of a baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal. But, it works.

Re: A good pizza making tip - chef_Tab - 04-05-2011

It sounds as though you are expected to use a stone for this, and I have never used my stone on the grill. I just put the dough right onto the grill grates.

Which by the way, I am very excited because it is supposed to be nice enough to grill on Thursday and I have been craving some grilled pizza!!!!!

Re: A good pizza making tip - Old Bay - 04-05-2011

This may be difficult on a 700 degree floor, but I'm going to give it a try in my wood oven!!

Re: A good pizza making tip - cjs - 04-05-2011

I think parchment paper would disintegrate in your 700° oven before you could slide it out, Bill.