Cuisine at home Forums
I'm not ignoring you - it's just that . . . - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: I'm not ignoring you - it's just that . . . (/showthread.php?tid=85425)

I'm not ignoring you - it's just that . . . - Harborwitch - 07-24-2009

I haven't been posting much - lurking some, but other than that we are getting ready for Bob's daughter and her mom to arrive for a visit Aug. 2.

In addition to that I've been doing a lot of research online about a possible move in a year or so. We have to take a drive and go check it out - but there may be a farm in North Dakota in our future.

Leaving politics out - California is getting to be a huge PITA (pain in the @ss) and I'm too old for this crappy climate and whacked out economic situation. Researching all this has been fun, and very very interesting.

I'm going to be busy in the kitchen for a while - and oh my! I have some wonderful recipes to share when I get some time.

Re: I'm not ignoring you - it's just that . . . - Gourmet_Mom - 07-24-2009

OMG...you really ARE serious about that! How exciting! From what I've seen about the CA political/economic situation, lately, I can't say as I blame you!

Good luck with the EX, BTW! I know you'll knock her socks off!!!!!

Re: I'm not ignoring you - it's just that . . . - Harborwitch - 07-24-2009

Daphne I hope she keeps her shoes and socks ON! Skinny witch. I didn't say that! Nope not me.

Re: I'm not ignoring you - it's just that . . . - cjs - 07-25-2009

How interesting...North Dakota? Wow, what a change in climate that would be (in more ways than one )

Re: I'm not ignoring you - it's just that . . . - Mare749 - 07-25-2009

Sounds exciting, Sharon. How did you happen to pick North Dakota? Good luck with the daughter and mom. That doesn't exactly sound like a good time.

Re: I'm not ignoring you - it's just that . . . - esgunn - 07-25-2009

Yes, Good luck with Daughter and the Ex. You will shine!

North Dakota? It is exciting, but as I get older I can nont tollerate the cold. I am thinking somewhere tropical...What an exciting adventure for you both. I hope it works out for you.

Re: I'm not ignoring you - it's just that . . . - farnfam - 07-25-2009

Good luck Sharon

Re: I'm not ignoring you - it's just that . . . - bjcotton - 07-25-2009

That'll sure curtail the visits won't it?

Re: I'm not ignoring you - it's just that . . . - HomeCulinarian - 07-25-2009

North Dakota is beautiful. Be magnanimous, as you are with Bob's daughter and decent to the Ex. You'll shine.

Re: I'm not ignoring you - it's just that . . . - DFen911 - 07-26-2009

Sharon I feel ya. Derek and I are looking to move out of Calif as well. I'm reaching my breaking point. The down side for us is we have 5 years left before Derek can retire.

We're looking to go to Oregon or Idaho.

I'm curious how you picked ND as well