Cuisine at home Forums
Cooking for One Cookbook - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Cooking for One Cookbook (/showthread.php?tid=85679)

Cooking for One Cookbook - smschwag - 07-30-2009

Can anyone suggest a good cooking for one cookbook?

Re: Cooking for One Cookbook - cjs - 07-30-2009

Hi Shirley!! So good to hear from you. You know, somewhere I have a book I put together for my mother after Dad died that she used a lot - most of them were kind of her favorites redone to a size she could handle. I'll try to find it and send it to you.

Also, C@H's Cuisine for Two would be a great one for you. A lot of them can be cut in half or do a full recipe if you don't mind leftovers once in a while.

The hardest thing to rewrite for my mother was TACOS!!! She just loved tacos. You just can't make tacos for one person without taco salads after.

Re: Cooking for One Cookbook - smschwag - 07-31-2009

Thanks for the suggestion, Jean. I wondered about a book for 2 and either cut the recipes in half or eat one and freeze one. That book you did for your mom sounds interesting. I would really appreciate a copy.

I want to get back to cooking again. The only cooking I have been doing is when I have someone here for dinner. My oldest grand daughter comes once a week and has dinner with me, but that will end soon when she goes back to school. Her sister comes every other week or so and I have invited other family members. I cook big when they are here and send the leftovers home with them. Then the working mothers have a meal they can heat up some evening when they don't feel like cooking.

Re: Cooking for One Cookbook - HomeCulinarian - 07-31-2009

Shirley, Good to see you're back in the kitchen! My mom does the same, loves to cook up a big dinner for guests and always makes care packages to take home.

We're downsized to 2 now, and I found a couple of cooking for 2 books that are great. The CAH and a new Cook's Illustrated book are my favorites.

Re: Cooking for One Cookbook - Mare749 - 07-31-2009

Hi Shirley, it's great to see you again. I don't really have a cookbook to recommend at the moment, just wanted to say hello.