Cuisine at home Forums
question about a halibut / indian recipe - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: question about a halibut / indian recipe (/showthread.php?tid=86571)

question about a halibut / indian recipe - carolynmittens - 08-24-2009

hi everyone. this might be a shot in the dark, but a couple years ago i made this amazing halibut recipe from the magazine, it was some kind of vegetable indian curry with potatoes and i think apples in it, with halibut served on top. so now i really want to make it again, but i can't find my magazine anywhere and i don't really remember the recipe. is this ringing any bells, does anyone have any recollection of this recipe at all?

Re: question about a halibut / indian recipe - HomeCulinarian - 08-24-2009

Welcome, Carolyn... I don't remember the specific recipe, but here is a list of the halibut items from the CAH index. Does one of them ring a bell for you? If not, it could be in one of the cookbooks. Those recipes are not in the CAH index.

halibut
& Spanish shrimp sauce, 55:13
alla diavola, 61:36
cilantro pesto, 69:13
grilled packets, 75:13
mint tea-glazed, 64:19
pan-seared, 16:32
Parmesan-crusted, 72:31
slow-poached, 63:41

Re: question about a halibut / indian recipe - labradors - 08-24-2009

Welcome to the forum, Carolyn!

If it was a curry with potatoes, it may have been a vindaloo, but I don't see that in any of the info I have. Then again, I don't have access to as much as some of the other users.

Don't worry. If it really was in Cuisine at some point, then someone here will eventually find it.

Re: question about a halibut / indian recipe - cjs - 08-24-2009

Welcome Carolyn - I looked through my magazines and can't find what you may be looking for.

This is so frustrating when you loose a favorite!

Re: question about a halibut / indian recipe - Mare749 - 08-24-2009

Welcome Carolyn. Hope you find the recipe you are looking for. It sounds good and I'm sure many of us would like to try it.

Re: question about a halibut / indian recipe - Old Bay - 08-24-2009

Hey girl--welcome--I've got two dozen halibut recipes recorded from Bon Appetit, Gourmet, Saveur, Food and Wine, Fine Cooking, Cuisine, and some misc. ones. I can't find a thing. Sorry--but I am glad to have you aboard--be sure and come back now.

Re: question about a halibut / indian recipe - carolynmittens - 08-30-2009

thanks everyone, i never was able to find this recipe BUT i totally improvised and the meal came out phenomenal!!!!! basically i sauteed up all these ingredients:

1 onion
3 carrots
1 yellow bell pepper
several small yukon gold potatoes
half a medium sweet potato
handful of frozen peas
handful of fresh spinach
3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
3-4 TBL grated ginger
2 TBL mild yellow curry powder
1 TBL smoked paprika
1 TBL hungarian paprika
1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
then added:
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup Patak's Jalfrezi Curry - Sweet & Spicy Peppers and Coconut

served over brown rice and topped with pan-seared halibut. holy crap it was good!

Re: question about a halibut / indian recipe - cjs - 08-31-2009

nice going!! Who needs a recipe!!

Re: question about a halibut / indian recipe - carloscooks - 08-31-2009

Hi, I think the recipe you are looking for is Fish Curry with Potatoes and Peas. It's in the Weeknight Menus, Vol. 2 cookbook, which we published Aug. 2007. If you need the recipe, customer service can provide you with a copy. Call them at 1-866-553-7514 or 1-866-553-7514 M-F from 8-5 Central time.