Cuisine at home Forums
Pork Loin Dip Review - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Pork Loin Dip Review (/showthread.php?tid=86591)

Pork Loin Dip Review - cjs - 08-25-2009

This is from the Sandwiches & Salads book. I made it just a year ago, but changed/subbed so many things I didn't do a review. Last night I made it just like the recipe except for a smaller chunk of pork loin. This is so easy and quick and really delicious. And the broth is very tasty. I brined the pork for about 3 hours first.

Didn't make the Creamy apple slaw suggested to go with it, we have to many veggies and fruit to eat up.

I'd give this a strong 8 for flavor.

Re: Pork Loin Dip Review - Trixxee - 08-25-2009

I always thought this looked excellent. Thanks for the review.

Re: Pork Loin Dip Review - Gourmet_Mom - 08-25-2009

Thanks for the review, Jean. I've had this one marked...guess it's time to try it.

Re: Pork Loin Dip Review - cjs - 08-25-2009

Daphne, this is perfect for a school night dinner - it's so fast! Even make the 'jus' in the a.m. or the day before! Perfect for you poor, poor workers...(and remember, it's not nice to call old women nasty names )

Re: Pork Loin Dip Review - Gourmet_Mom - 08-25-2009

I must be loosing it...."(and remember, it's not nice to call old women nasty names)"

HUH?

BTW, thanks for the quick tip! I'm hoping to be off to bulk buy my meats again for next month this weekend....adding pork loin. I'll cut some chops and save a chunk for this!

Re: Pork Loin Dip Review - cjs - 08-26-2009

No, you're not losing it, just a little sophisticated humor, don't you know.

"Perfect for you poor, poor workers..." - figured that would earn me some nasty comment.

Re: Pork Loin Dip Review - Gourmet_Mom - 08-26-2009

LOL! NOPE...with state and national budgets what they are....we're poorer than ever!

Re: Pork Loin Dip Review - cjs - 08-26-2009

Sweetie, I was referring to the poor (but lovable) slobs still having to work. Really more than you ever wanted to know about a post, eh?

Re: Pork Loin Dip Review - Gourmet_Mom - 08-26-2009

ROFLOL!!! Oh, I got it the first time....just using it to play up the pitiful pay teachers get in my part of the world...LOL! But you do deserve a kick in the pants for the low blow retirement comment! I'll just get even the next time you forget something...LOL!

BTW...finally found my flash drive and a LOT of my pics, most of my MC recipes, and all my school files are there! Now for payday and a replacement copy of MC and a replacement for this worn out piece of CRAP keyboard! I'm sick of holding the batteries, just so and beating the keys repeatedly!!!!!!! NOT FUN! OR encouraging for chatting!!!!!