Cuisine at home Forums
The Texan Cuban - Ready to Roll!! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: The Texan Cuban - Ready to Roll!! (/showthread.php?tid=86887)

The Texan Cuban - Ready to Roll!! - cjs - 08-31-2009

This is Jane & Bill's son Eric with his new mobile kitchen in Austin.

[Image: TEXANCUBAN1.jpg]

Bill will be here shortly to tell us all about the great adventure!!

Re: The Texan Cuban - Ready to Roll!! - Old Bay - 08-31-2009

He and his partner are trying to open this weekend. They will sell Cuban sandwiches to start and will include fries --other things Cuban will be added as time goes by. He wants to try the food business like this before he goes to brick and mortar. Big thing in Austin--they have the only one doing Cuban!!
Keep your fingers crossed for them.

Re: The Texan Cuban - Ready to Roll!! - esgunn - 08-31-2009

Good Luck to him! What a great adventure! Will he travel around, cater, do events, or does he have place to park it?

Re: The Texan Cuban - Ready to Roll!! - labradors - 08-31-2009

Cool! Do they ***** FedEx?

Re: The Texan Cuban - Ready to Roll!! - farnfam - 08-31-2009

Wishing him well!

Re: The Texan Cuban - Ready to Roll!! - Old Bay - 08-31-2009

Quote:

Good Luck to him! What a great adventure! Will he travel around, cater, do events, or does he have place to park it?

It will be parked, at a business park, with parking and on a main st. (S. Lamar) in Austin.

Re: The Texan Cuban - Ready to Roll!! - HomeCulinarian - 08-31-2009

Very cool! Wishing him great success!

Re: The Texan Cuban - Ready to Roll!! - Gourmet_Mom - 08-31-2009

I wish you all well! Sounds like a great idea!

Re: The Texan Cuban - Ready to Roll!! - Old Bay - 09-20-2009

They had a "soft" opening this weekend--did very well!! Grand opening next weekend. Look at chowhounds.com and go to Austin for comments!!

Re: The Texan Cuban - Ready to Roll!! - Gourmet_Mom - 09-20-2009

Good luck Bill and family! I'll check it out. A little FYI...I just read yesterday about a couple of guys who did the same thing with a Korean or Vietnamese (?) BBQ Taco truck! They now have three and are receiving an award for innovation from Bon Appetit! They are located in Southern California. One of the coolest parts about the business is that they use Twitter to let people know where the trucks will be located throughout the day. I thought this was a great marketing strategy!!!!!

BTW, for others, be sure to put a www in front of that search.

Bill, I just checked it out and it looks like they have some positive interest going for them. I've bookmarked the page and will check ever so often for updates and interest. Again...Good luck you guys!!!!!