Cuisine at home Forums
lost recipe??? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: lost recipe??? (/showthread.php?tid=87021)

lost recipe??? - ade - 09-03-2009

I am looking for a lost recipe for a seseme noodle dish that was in a past issue last year around Jan or Feb of 2009 maybe even late 2008.
It used soba noodles and boc choy..
If anybody knows of it could they let me know.
Thanks

Re: lost recipe??? - HomeCulinarian - 09-03-2009

Ade, I know which one you want... it's really delicious! I can post it later tonight if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Re: lost recipe??? - labradors - 09-03-2009

That's not one that I have, but it sounds interesting.

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum and hope that you enjoy ALL the recipes and people here.

Re: lost recipe??? - HomeCulinarian - 09-03-2009

I found it, but I was thinking of something else with udon noodles. Anyway, I'll be happy to type it up for you. It sounds like something we would enjoy.

Soba Noodle Salad with shrimp & peanut sauce Issue #73
Makes 4 servings; total time 30 minutes

For the Noodles:
1 box soba noodles (8 oz)
1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
¼ cup low sodium chicken broth
1 T each, low sodium soy sauce, brown sugar, and minced fresh gingerroot
1 tsp chile garlic sauce
1 T lime juice
2 tsp sesame oil
¾ cup snow peas, halved crosswise
¾ cup sliced red or yellow sweet pepper
¾ cup bias-sliced scallions
¾ cup bean sprouts
2 T chopped fresh cilantro

For the Shrimp:
3 T olive oil, divided
2 tsp minced fresh gingerroot
2 tsp minced garlic
20 medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails left on
Salt & pepper
2 tsp toasted sesame seeds

Bring a large pot of salted water to boil for noodles. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse and set aside.
Wisk peanut butter, broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, 1 T gingerroot and chile garlic sauce together in sauce pan over medium heat just until peanut butter melts.
Stir in lime juice and sesame oil; set aside.
Toss noodles, peanut sauce, snow peas, sweet pepper, scallions, sprouts, and cilantro together in a bowl to coat.
Combine 2 T olive oil, 2 tsp gingerroot and garlic in a blow. Toss with shrimp; season with salt and pepper
Sauté shrimp in remaining olive oil in a large sauté pan over high heat until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Serve on top of noodles, and garnish with sesame seeds.
Notes: Rinse soba noodles after cooking to get rid of any residual starch that wold thicken the sauce too much.
Since shrimp are small, you can use high heat to get a good sear without overcooking them in the process.

Re: lost recipe??? - labradors - 09-03-2009

Sounds great (except, as always, I'd use chicken instead of [blecch!] shrimp). Thanks for the recipe!

Oops! Just realised: no soba here. What would be a good substitute to get as close as possible? Would whole-wheat spaghetti be anywhere near it?

Thanks again!

Re: lost recipe??? - ade - 09-04-2009

Thanks for the welcome!!!

Re: lost recipe??? - Gourmet_Mom - 09-04-2009

Welcome ade! I hope you'll stick around and join in some of the other chats!

I suppose, since you are asking for this recipe, you found it really good! I guess that means I better try it! It sure sounds good...can't figure out why I haven't tried it already. It has flavors my family would like.