Cuisine at home Forums
Figs - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Figs (/showthread.php?tid=87546)

Figs - cjs - 09-18-2009

For some reason I have never been a great fan of figs, but...earlier this year I did discover how much I enjoy them. Earlier this week, at Central Market, I picked up a basket of them to play with.

Yesterday, I cut them in cross sections, but not all the way thru and suffed with goat cheese. Roasted in a 425° oven for 10 min. Then drizzled with warmed honey - oh my, how good were these little devils!! I only did six of them, so have a good half a basket left.

Can you all who like figs give me some ideas of how you like to fix them, please? Just quickie little ideas, I'm under the gun on a big project and can't do involved dishes for a while... But, I'd love to do something fun with the rest of them. Thanks for any ideas.

Re: Figs - Lorraine - 09-18-2009

Fig, prosciutto, goat cheese pizza. Spoony (years ago) gave a recipe for dipping them in sugar and grilling them. It was really good. Drizzled with honey and bakes. Have fun!

Re: Figs - cjs - 09-18-2009

"Fig, prosciutto, goat cheese pizza." - oh crud, pizza AGAIN??? thanks Lorraine.

Re: Figs - Gourmet_Mom - 09-18-2009

"oh crud, pizza AGAIN???" ROFLOL!

Jean, I have been wanting to try them drizzled with balsamic syrup. I just need to find some. I think I've mentioned this, but I don't think I've ever had fresh figs...that whole Fig Newton texture thing spoiled it for me. But I think I'm ready now.