Cuisine at home Forums
We're Home! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: We're Home! (/showthread.php?tid=88828)

We're Home! - cjs - 10-20-2009

[Image: PTCouplewboats.jpg]
We had gorgeous weather at the shore and met this cute little couple.

Can't believe I forgot my hookup with the world, but got lots of good work done without having to jump on the interet all the time.

for those of you who play cribbage - R & I have never done this before........
[Image: Cribbage.jpg]
Hope you can see where the pegs are - I didn't win!!

All the changes in the trailer worked wonderfully for us and just think how many thousands of $$$$ we saved ourselves. Whew!

Now, to go read and see what's been happening around here. Hope there were no funny folks.

Re: We're Home! - chef_Tab - 10-20-2009

I love cribbage! My dad taught all of his children to play because it was a "math game".

Lovely photo of the sailboats on the water too. Nice to see after that dumb ol snowstorm!

Re: We're Home! - labradors - 10-20-2009

My grandfather taught me cribbage when I was about 10 or 11, and I still love it. Used to pay it online, but no longer use the site on which I did (there are probably other sites available, though).

Re: We're Home! - BarbaraS - 10-20-2009

The Hubby has a cribbage board his grandfather made - it's very sentimental to him. We spent hours and hours playing cribbage when we first met/got engaged all those years ago.

When we have a power outage, it's what we turn to. I totally devastated him in Monopoly and he won't play that game with me anymore.

Barbara

Re: We're Home! - Gourmet_Mom - 10-20-2009

Glad you're home and everything worked well for you, Jean! How nice to just run off...one of these days!

I have NEVER played Cribbage. William isn't much on board games.

Barbara...too funny about the Monopoly!

Re: We're Home! - Mare749 - 10-20-2009

Welcome back, Jean! Hope you had a wonderful time and had a chance to relax a bit. I never played cribbage either, but just might have to learn since so many of the others have said they enjoy it.

Re: We're Home! - labradors - 10-20-2009

Anyone up for a game of Scrabble? I don't take any prisoners.

Re: We're Home! - cjs - 10-20-2009

But, but, but did you notice where the pegs are in this game???? We've never been tied going into the last hand - that's what I was referring to.

Re: We're Home! - Harborwitch - 10-20-2009

One of our friends gave us his cribbage board - said we'd need it when the snow was 10' deep. When I was a kid canasta was mandatory on Sundays. Dad and I always lost to Mom and my brother. Card games . . . ????

Glad you're home Jean, I can't show Bob the sailboat picture, he'll whine.

Re: We're Home! - chef_Tab - 10-20-2009

Quote:

But, but, but did you notice where the pegs are in this game???? We've never been tied going into the last hand - that's what I was referring to.

I did notice, but did not realize you were going into the last hand! So who pegged out? That's when you choose a pegging hand instead of a points hand. Oh, Jean and Roy, wish hubby and I could challenge you to a couples match!

that is referred to as "dead holed"