Cuisine at home Forums
Nov 9th Dinner - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Nov 9th Dinner (/showthread.php?tid=89953)

Nov 9th Dinner - esgunn - 11-09-2009

Hey, what are you all up to? Some of you have probably alreay had it. I twisted my ankle yesterday and have a sprain. Darn it. Sure glad it is Monday Night Football and Pizza.

Re: Nov 9th Dinner - Gourmet_Mom - 11-09-2009

Oh, Erin! Bless your heart! A sprained ankle with three 7 year olds AND a homeschooler! (Hey, BTW, aren't they due for a birthday soon?)I hope you recover soon!

I cooked like a fool this weekend, so I had the butcher cut me a LARGE "London Broil" cut roast. (The employee that eats like a horse has been here all weekend AND will be here all week! But then he is building me a smokehouse, so who am I to complain!) It's hanging out with seasoning salt, coarse ground pepper, garlic, rosemary, basil, and thyme waiting to be grilled to a perfect medium rare. This will be served with horseradish sauce and sides of baked potatoes with all the fixin's and a simple salad with homemade croutons and a balsamic vinaigrette.

In other words, I'm pretty much taking the night off...LOL!

Re: Nov 9th Dinner - Old Bay - 11-09-2009

We are busy preparing for our Christmas parties, so we are having our old standby, chicken breasts with lemon and brandy, with three peppercorn fettucinni and Swiss chard. (I'm also having bloodwork Wed AM, so low cholesterol stuff for me--yes, I cheat!!). Steaks Wed nite!!!!

Bill, you are sooo bad...LOL! I hope you are as lucky as you were last time! Good luck!

Re: Nov 9th Dinner - Mare749 - 11-09-2009

We had Lorraine's birthday dinner menu tonight.

Monday, December 7th seems a long time away, doesn't it...LOL!

Re: Nov 9th Dinner - farnfam - 11-09-2009

I knew I was going to be out running around all day, so I stuck some chicken backs in the crockpot with one of those Holiday Soup bean mixes, onion etc. and let it cook all day while I ran. It was waiting for me warm and wonderful when I got home, we had it with the one last loaf of that terriffic bread.....I guess I'll just have to bake some more

Yup...must make more!

Re: Nov 9th Dinner - Mare749 - 11-10-2009

Quote:

Monday, December 7th seems a long time away, doesn't it...LOL!

Yep, sure does!

Re: Nov 9th Dinner - Trixxee - 11-10-2009

We had sandwiches with balsamic chicken, goat cheese, sundried tomatoes, red onions and arugula. Very good.