Cuisine at home Forums
Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe (/showthread.php?tid=90023)

Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe - farnfam - 11-10-2009

For the crust-
Process/Stir in:
24 small gingersnap cookies to make 1 C crumbs
4 graham crkrs to make 1/2C crmbs
1/2 C pecan halves toasted
3 T unsltd butter, melted
2 T sugar
pinch salt

For the filling-
Beat/Add:
3pkg crm cheese 8oz room temp
1 C sugar
1 can pumpkin puree 15oz
3 eggs
1 t vanilla extract
1/2 t grnd cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg
1/4 t grnd cloves
Juice of 1/2 lemon

For the topping-
Whisk together:
1 1/2 C sour cream
1/3 Cup pure maple syrup

Process gingersnaps for the crust in a food processor until fine (remove big chunks)transfer to bowl. Processs crackers til fine and add to cookie crmbs. Pulse nuts till chopped and ad to crum mixture. Stir in butter 2T sugar and salt till sandy. Press into botom and up 1" sides of preped spring form pan. Place pan on bking sheet and bake for 10 min. remove, cool slightly

Beat ccream cheese and 1 cup sugar for the filling in a bowl with a hand mixer until fluffy. Add pumpkin, eggs vanilla, spices and lemon juice; beat until incorporated, scrape down sides ofbowl periodically.

Pour filliing over crust and bake 50-55 min or until sides are set but center is still slightly jiggly. Remove from oven, but leave oven on.

Whisk sour cream and syrup for the toppiingin a small bowl. Carefully spread over cheesecake, return it to the oen bake 15 min or until set. turn oven off crack door and leave chessecake inside for 20 min Remove from oven cool to room temp cover loosely with plastic and chill overnight.
To serve remove sides from the pan slice with shrp knife dipped in hot water and wiped dry before each cut

Re: Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe - Gourmet_Mom - 11-10-2009

Thanks bunches, Cis! I'll give this a whirl as soon as the employee comes back....I need someone to eat the thing...LOL! He should be back later this week.

Re: Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe - labradors - 11-10-2009

Eight or nine years ago, I made a Pumpkin Chiffon Cheesecake that was very good. I think it came from either Food & Wine or Bon Appetit, but Google seems to find it for everything BUT those two, and their own websites don't have it.

This one also sounds very good, though.

Re: Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe - foodfiend - 11-11-2009

This sounds so incredible, thanks for posting.
I wonder if I'll be yelled at if I serve this for Thanksgiving instead of the traditional pie???

Re: Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe - chef_Tab - 11-11-2009

Quote:

This sounds so incredible, thanks for posting.
I wonder if I'll be yelled at if I serve this for Thanksgiving instead of the traditional pie???

Don't let the nay sayers get to you, Vicci, the way I see it, if they don't like it, they can make their own. If anyone sqawks, don't let them have a piece.