Cuisine at home Forums
OT-Happy Veteran's Day Everyone! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: OT-Happy Veteran's Day Everyone! (/showthread.php?tid=90038)

OT-Happy Veteran's Day Everyone! - Gourmet_Mom - 11-11-2009

With all that has happened in the past few days, I felt that today’s holiday was extra special.

While I’m excited that I get to sleep in and cook all day, I can’t help but feel a little more patriotic today. So in the spirit of our great country, I would like to salute our veterans today.

Happy Veteran’s Day everyone...especially to any members who have served or are serving our country. Stand up and take a bow if you will.

I hope this is not going to be frowned upon. I just felt compelled to post a tribute.

Re: OT-Happy Veteran's Day Everyone! - farnfam - 11-11-2009

I agree, Daph. I am truly thankful for the men and women who fight and make the ultimate sacrifice so we can live free. Truly they are heroes!

Re: OT-Happy Veteran's Day Everyone! - labradors - 11-11-2009

Indeed. Three cheers for those who dedicate a part or all of their lives to defending America's lives and liberty.

Re: OT-Happy Veteran's Day Everyone! - Lorraine - 11-11-2009

There's a saying, "If you can read this freely, thank a veteran". How true.

Re: OT-Happy Veteran's Day Everyone! - foodfiend - 11-11-2009

Quote:

I hope this is not going to be frowned upon.

Good heavens, why would that happen???

My SIL is giving a speech today at a Veterans Day gathering, she and my brother were in the Air Force for several years.

Re: OT-Happy Veteran's Day Everyone! - cjs - 11-11-2009

Because of my Dad, I raise my glass every year! Plus, we're going to Pearl Harbor today, if it's not too crowded - if so we'll go tomorrow. Will be very emotional I'm sure.

Re: OT-Happy Veteran's Day Everyone! - Old Bay - 11-11-2009

Quote:

Because of my Dad, I raise my glass every year! Plus, we're going to Pearl Harbor today, if it's not too crowded - if so we'll go tomorrow. Will be very emotional I'm sure.

We did the Navy tour some years ago--very well done--there is one of our local boys down there, still on the Arizona. Very emotional.

Re: OT-Happy Veteran's Day Everyone! - Gourmet_Mom - 11-11-2009

Jean, I had wondered if you guys would make that tour today....Way cool! I hope you get in! William would kill to be in on this tour with you guys! I can't wait to tell him. Post pics if you can...he'll love it!