Cuisine at home Forums
Garnish help! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Garnish help! (/showthread.php?tid=90700)

Garnish help! - foodfiend - 11-20-2009

I'm making some baked goods this weekend for a thank-you basket. I am really excited to make these raspberry chocolate truffles from King Arthur Flour:
[Image: 1-1167241949332.jpg]

I bought a gold box with a cello window, and little paper cups to nestle them into. Alas, I could not find any decent fresh raspberries, and I think that they wouldn't look quite so good without some sort of garnish on the top of each. Any ideas?

Re: Garnish help! - DFen911 - 11-20-2009

Take a stencil, or make a heart shaped one, and use red sprinkles.

Gold leaves

White chocolate leaves

Or red gummie bears! Ok so maybe not those, but they are good

Re: Garnish help! - foodfiend - 11-20-2009

I wonder if I have any edible gold leaf in with my decorating supplies... or I'll have to see if the sprinkles would "melt" on the icing. I'd have to go out for the gold or white choc leaves... why couldn't I have just found the darn raspberries???

Thanks, though, for not suggesting chocolate curls.

Re: Garnish help! - labradors - 11-21-2009

Quote:

Or red gummie bears! Ok so maybe not those, but they are good

Well, we all know Denise well enough, by now, to know that those would be homemad, liquor-based Gummi Bears.

Quote:

...some sort of garnish on the top of each. Any ideas?

Vicci,

In keeping with the raspberry part of the theme, how about making a basic icing, but using Chambord instead of milk? Then, use a star tip and pipe that on top of the chocolate frosting they already have.

Re: Garnish help! - Lorraine - 11-21-2009

I bought some red sanding sugar today that I think would look good on them. Send them to me.

Re: Garnish help! - Gourmet_Mom - 11-21-2009

I love the raspberry cream idea! I'm not a raspberry fan, but that's how I'd go if my host likes them. Personally, I'd go white chocolate curls with a shaving of dark chocolate (even flavored with cherries or raspberries) or a drizzle of the chocolate(s) and a smear of raspberry.

Re: Garnish help! - DFen911 - 11-21-2009

And I love Labs

Re: Garnish help! - labradors - 11-21-2009

ROTFL!

Re: Garnish help! - cjs - 11-21-2009

Love the idea of the gold leaf. really good ideas here for you, Vicci.

Re: Garnish help! - foodfiend - 11-21-2009

Quote:

Love the idea of the gold leaf. really good ideas here for you, Vicci.

But now I have to choose!!!