Cuisine at home Forums
Dinner - Sat. 12/5?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Dinner - Sat. 12/5?? (/showthread.php?tid=91673)

Dinner - Sat. 12/5?? - cjs - 12-05-2009

Guess I'll wait until I hear some of your ideas - nothing is coming to me right now.

Re: Dinner - Sat. 12/5?? - BarbaraS - 12-05-2009

Surf and Turf for him, crab legs for me. Oh, and clammies, too!

Barbara

Re: Dinner - Sat. 12/5?? - Gourmet_Mom - 12-05-2009

I'm not sure yet. I made a list of stuff I wanted to make, but some of it depends on if I can get to the grocery store in town. If nothing else, I'll make the Pasta/Sausage dish that Jeanette made the other day.

Re: Dinner - Sat. 12/5?? - Old Bay - 12-05-2009

Tonight is my staff's Christmas dinner. I am taking them and spouses to a nice local steakhouse--they are all meat eaters!!!

Re: Dinner - Sat. 12/5?? - chef_Tab - 12-05-2009

How generous of you Bill! I need a job, by the way ;-)

I have the creamed green bean soup on for lunch but not sure about dinner yet. I wanted to do cornish hens or chicken with stuffing and thanksgiving type stuff since we didn't get any leftovers, but it is snowing so we may not get out today.

Re: Dinner - Sat. 12/5?? - BarbaraS - 12-05-2009

Wow Theresa! It's snowing out there? How much?

Barbara<~~~on the other side of the Delaware river...

Re: Dinner - Sat. 12/5?? - Mare749 - 12-05-2009

Well, the hunters will be coming in early this evening, so I have a pot roast in the crockpot. Will make mashed potatoes and mixed veggies to go with. Should have made bread, think I will!

Re: Dinner - Sat. 12/5?? - - 12-05-2009

Mister and I are making his "Mohunken 6 pack of Beer Chili" - so we might have that - not sure yet - I don't like it until the 2nd or 3rd day. We got sidelined last night on tofu. Gangs of hungry children and grandchildren showed up so we had 15 bean soup and Mexican cornbread - they did NOT want tofu and soba noddle soup. So, tonight or tomorrow night will be tofu -

Re: Dinner - Sat. 12/5?? - Gourmet_Mom - 12-05-2009

"they did NOT want tofu and soba noddle soup." LOL! I bet not!

""Mohunken 6 pack of Beer Chili" I remember you mentioning this before. I'll have to look it up. Thanks for the help with dinner tomorrow!

With the weather cold and damp for the next several days, I think I'll just bust out and make a double batch of Split Pea Soup, a BIG batch of Chili, and another soup I want to test from the Sunset Cookbook: Spinach, Leek, and Potato Soup. That, a batch of bread, and an assortment of quick cooking meats/deli meats ought to get us through the next several days and free me up early next week with Progress Reports going out! (Side note...I'm ticked! I missed the delivery of my bread pans yesterday...ARGGG!)

Re: Dinner - Sat. 12/5?? - cjs - 12-05-2009

Well, big whooping surprise - I'm making pizza... I have to play with making it in sheet pans for a book signing I'll be doing in a couple of weeks (Yipee!!). Probably ruin my dinner tho, 'cause I'm going to have a bowl of split pea soup as soon as it's done!!!