Cuisine at home Forums
Blame Cis! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Blame Cis! (/showthread.php?tid=92126)

Blame Cis! - Gourmet_Mom - 12-11-2009

I just HAD to check out Foodgawker! Every time that site is mentioned, I have the urge to visit! Here is the first thing I found that has GREAT potential! I think I'll add Gruyère to the grocery list.

Spicy Cheesy Shortbreads

Re: Blame Cis! - DFen911 - 12-11-2009

Those are wonderful looking and I love her presentation I may do these tomorrow for a snack.

Re: Blame Cis! - farnfam - 12-11-2009

OMG those look great!!! Gotta try them this weekend

Re: Blame Cis! - Gourmet_Mom - 12-12-2009

Okay...so here's THIS! I'm so hating you right now Cis!!!!

Chocolate-Peanut Butter-Marbled Banana Bread

Re: Blame Cis! - farnfam - 12-12-2009

Don't you dare act blameless, young lady...LOL! You just HAD to bring up Foodgawkers! Now I HAVE to make these things....LOL! What a sacrifice I make for the sake of a review...LOL! I had planned on doing my Christmas baking tomorrow, but those things were going to leave the house Sunday! These, on the other hand, HAVE to be tested. OIY!

Re: Blame Cis! - Cubangirl - 12-12-2009

I made these when a very similar recipe appeared in CC 2/2005 and did not like them as much as I thought I would. I used cheddar and cayenne, I think they would be much better with Emmentaler and/or Gruyère and the amount of paprika Bittman suggests, or a combo of paprika and cumin. I think I'll use Penzeys Smoked Spanish paprika and try again.

Re: Blame Cis! - Harborwitch - 12-12-2009

Did you see the red velvet shortbread cookies??? I'll be making those. Cousin Roy, Uncle Harold, and Cousin Harry will all need cookies this Christmas!

Re: Blame Cis! - cjs - 12-12-2009

I still haven't made it to foodgawkers...maybe it's best.

Jean...stay away...far far away! It's a dangerous place!