Cuisine at home Forums
Need more recipes for holiday treats? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Need more recipes for holiday treats? (/showthread.php?tid=92197)

Need more recipes for holiday treats? - foodfiend - 12-12-2009

Good heavens, I don't, but that doesn't seem to stop me at this time of year!

Because so many other things are happening right now, I'm going to ask that, if anyone wants a review of, or recipes for, toasted coconut marshmallows and chocolate baklava, they are on my blog. But they turned out so well that I had to let you all know.

Sorry to not be posting these separately, but MIL fell and broke her arm a couple of days ago, is due for surgery on Wednesday and, since she insists on staying in her apartment, the days have been full. And not entirely of holiday preparations! *sigh* And I thought that our Christmas plans were a bit unsettled before!!!

Re: Need more recipes for holiday treats? - Gourmet_Mom - 12-13-2009

Bless your heart, Vicci! Chocolate baklava? GEEZ! I really shouldn't, but I will anyway...off to check it out!

Re: Need more recipes for holiday treats? - cjs - 12-13-2009

I can't remember how many years its been since I've made baklava....hmmmm, maybe instead of the oatmeal-cranberry things.

Re: Need more recipes for holiday treats? - Lorraine - 12-18-2009

We made two cans of Dulce de Leche this week. One can we mixed with 3 lbs of cream cheese, and will pipe it into small chocolate cups. (We're giving sweets to our waitstaff as a gift). The stuff is delicious. We also mixed some with ganache. We ate that out of the bowl. I think it would be great as a filling between cookies.

Re: Need more recipes for holiday treats? - foodfiend - 12-18-2009

Quote:

We made two cans of Dulce de Leche this week. One can we mixed with 3 lbs of cream cheese, and will pipe it into small chocolate cups. (We're giving sweets to our waitstaff as a gift). The stuff is delicious. We also mixed some with ganache. We ate that out of the bowl. I think it would be great as a filling between cookies.

Or eaten out of a bowl with a big, ol' spoon...

Re: Need more recipes for holiday treats? - cjs - 12-18-2009

mixing it with cream cheese - I think I did that a number of years ago when we were all first learning to do the dulce de leche....I think I loved it.

ohhh, mixed with ganache and a little espresso - well, heck, no Christmas party catering this season, so probably won't do this this year. Well, maybe.....at Tracie's

Re: Need more recipes for holiday treats? - Gourmet_Mom - 12-18-2009

Lorraine, you're killing me here! The ganache...and expresso....GRACIOUS!

Re: Need more recipes for holiday treats? - Lorraine - 12-20-2009

I don't have any espresso, but I do have some chocolate covered coffee beans I could try grinding.

Re: Need more recipes for holiday treats? - cjs - 12-20-2009

Just talked to Tracie - she must have been under a rock when we were all going crazy over this a few years ago. So, we will be doing it during Christmas visit.

Re: Need more recipes for holiday treats? - Gourmet_Mom - 12-20-2009

Baby girl is out shopping. I think I'll call her and have her get me some chocolate covered coffee beans...I have a sudden craving! The thing is, she's subject to eat them all before she gets home...OIY!