Cuisine at home Forums
Hey, Lorraine! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Hey, Lorraine! (/showthread.php?tid=92440)

Hey, Lorraine! - Gourmet_Mom - 12-18-2009

Are you feeling a little more at home with all that snow? LOL! How much are you guys expecting? BRRRRR!

Re: Hey, Lorraine! - Lorraine - 12-18-2009

It has been the day from hell. They started forcasting this on Thursday. They said it could a storm like we have not seen in decades. I'm used to storms, they don't bother me that much. Until we road through the hills last night. And I started thinking. By last night they were forcasting 8 - 14 inches of snow. Not great. Saturday night we're catering a wedding for 100 about 45 minutes away, up and down all those hills. I woke up at 4am thinking about it and never did go back to sleep. At 5:30am, after way too much caffein, I was really not feeling good about the whole thing. But, we went and did some prep, things that had to be done. He did, however, not let me make the two Croquembouche. He actually held me off making things. They sat down with the bride and groom (who were there to decorate) , who decided to postpone the reception for a few weeks. So, to make a long story, we froze everything we could, gave some to the bridal party, and beetled it home. Within the hour, there is an inch of great snowball snow on the van. The amount of snow forcasted increases every hour. So, we are hunckering down! Are you sorry you asked????

Re: Hey, Lorraine! - BarbaraS - 12-18-2009

Well we're expecting a Nor'Easter that could dump a foot a snow on us if it tracks up the Atlantic Coast.

Traditionally, storms that come from the west of Philly don't have the strength when they cross the Delaware River. Not like it's a big body of water outside Philly, but it does affect any weather's path like a slide. It's very interesting.

Barbara

Re: Hey, Lorraine! - Gourmet_Mom - 12-18-2009

No...LOL! I knew you guys were in for it! GEEZ! Worse than I had imagined though. I hadn't thought about you not being accustomed to the hills and curvy roads...OIY!

Re: Hey, Lorraine! - Gourmet_Mom - 12-18-2009

Barbara, I wondered how far north and west this thing would pack a whollop. It looks like it's headed your way! I had SO hoped it would track farther out into the ocean and bring us some snow, but alas....just cold, wet, rain...LOTS of it.

Re: Hey, Lorraine! - cjs - 12-19-2009

Wow, a repeat of last year???

Re: Hey, Lorraine! - BarbaraS - 12-19-2009

Well, now they're predicting up to 2 feet of snow! And thunder snow showers, too! I've witnessed thunder during a snow storm only twice, ans it's spectacular, to say the least - especially at night!!

Good thing hubby got new tires on his 4WD yesterday!

Barbara

Re: Hey, Lorraine! - cjs - 12-19-2009

I've never seen/heard thunder with a snow storm - it's got to be spectacular at night.

Re: Hey, Lorraine! - Lorraine - 12-19-2009

We have well over a foot of snow already. Not much moving outside. Barbara, we had thunder during a snow storm a few years ago in Toronto. It really is something.

Re: Hey, Lorraine! - Gourmet_Mom - 12-19-2009

I've heard of thunder during snow storms, but don't think I've ever experienced it.