Cuisine at home Forums
OT- The Spirit - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: OT- The Spirit (/showthread.php?tid=92569)

OT- The Spirit - Gourmet_Mom - 12-21-2009

I thought I'd share. The preacher did a good job of convincing William to "share" this Christmas. He went straight to the giving tree and picked a little girl's star. She is 7 and loves Hannah Montana. We went shopping for her tonight. Here's the loot. It was so much fun!

[Image: DSC03295.jpg]

Re: OT- The Spirit - foodfiend - 12-21-2009

Oh my, what a lucky little girl she is!

Re: OT- The Spirit - esgunn - 12-21-2009

Oh, she is going to be so HAPPY! What a wonderful thing to do!

Re: OT- The Spirit - DFen911 - 12-22-2009

Daphne how wonderful!! That little girl has no idea how fortunate she is to have someone like you guys to share the love

Re: OT- The Spirit - Old Bay - 12-22-2009

The honest spirit of altruism--you gave because you wanted to--not because were told to. You all (giver and recipient) will have a merry Christmas!!

Re: OT- The Spirit - Gourmet_Mom - 12-22-2009

This was a really special shopping trip for me. I had been kinda depressed about not having much shopping to do and missing the days when we'd go shopping for the kids. This really filled in the gap and put me in the real spirit of Christmas.

When I think, this is probably all this little girl is getting for Christmas, I wish we could have done more. My only regret is that I won't get to see her face on Christmas morning. But then, that makes it about me and is not the point. I got the kids' stocking candies and fruit and will split it 4 ways this year. She'll get a stocking, too! The little make up stuff will go in there. That's my kids' favorite part...the fun, silly stuff in the stocking...even today!

Re: OT- The Spirit - cjs - 12-22-2009

"That's my kids' favorite part...the fun, silly stuff in the stocking...even today!" It's the same in our family too - we love the funny stockiing things. Always a must in every stocking was a balsa wood plane (now it's hard to find anything but foam crap) and we'd all race each other.

I'm with you, Daphne, I think I really got in the spirit yesterday when we were buying our Greatgrandson his first Flyer red wagon. What a hoot - but, those suckers are expensive now!!! what fun.

Re: OT- The Spirit - Lorraine - 12-22-2009

Wow. Well done, Daphne!

Re: OT- The Spirit - Mare749 - 12-23-2009

Wow, Daphne, give yourself a big hug, then give William one as well! You guys are the best, and will definately have a very fun and happy Christmas this year. Just thinking about that little girl's smile should keep you humming all day!

Re: OT- The Spirit - cjs - 12-23-2009

What great gifts for that little gal - and what great Christmas spirit!!