Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner - Wed., 12/30?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner - Wed., 12/30?? (/showthread.php?tid=93067)

What's for Dinner - Wed., 12/30?? - cjs - 12-30-2009

OMG, Roy is whining because everyone ate tooooo much of 'his' Reuben pizza Christmas Eve, so he's having it for dinner tonight. (Gotta say, I am getting tired of that one!)

What are you all up to?

Re: What's for Dinner - Wed., 12/30?? - Gourmet_Mom - 12-30-2009

Funny, when I nailed William down, he said that was his favorite, also.

We are having Grouper Caesar-Style with Bill's Creamy Lemon Rice, Caesar Salad, and Crusty Country French Bread. Yummy! (And still, no trip to the store! )

Re: What's for Dinner - Wed., 12/30?? - Trixxee - 12-30-2009

Didn't get to make my grilled pork tenderloin skewers yesterday as we had enough pizza leftover over from my son's Wii/Pizza/Hot Fudge Sundae party with his cousins here so I'll make it tonight. Just some steamed rice and a yet to be determined asian vegggie - probably bok choy or napa cabbage.

Re: What's for Dinner - Wed., 12/30?? - chef_Tab - 12-30-2009

Younger and pregnant daughter wants chicken paillard. Have not decided on sides yet, and still need to get to the store. Where has the day gone?

Re: What's for Dinner - Wed., 12/30?? - cjs - 12-30-2009

Daphne, wasn't it about a year ago that some of us tried going one week without going to the store for anything? I made it, but I'm such a hoarder, I wasn't surprised.

Yea, I remember that. I just had so much fun stuff to play with, which is unusual for me. This has really been fun....and easy. I can't decide whether to try this new recipe for the Caesar style dressing for the fish, or just use my go-to recipe like I'll be using for the salad. What do you guys think?

1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons buttermilk, low fat
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons anchovy paste
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
6 cloves garlic, minced

Re: What's for Dinner - Wed., 12/30?? - - 12-30-2009

We're having grilled pork chops, 15 bean soup, and some brown rice. OMG, everything is sort of brown. Maybe I will make some green jello!

Re: What's for Dinner - Wed., 12/30?? - cjs - 12-30-2009

Oh yeah, slime and poop - there you go, Sonja!!

Daphne, sounds like the new one might work - hard to leave a trusted one tho, isn't it?

Re: What's for Dinner - Wed., 12/30?? - labradors - 12-30-2009

Quote:

15 bean soup, and some brown rice.

Gee, if you have three people at the table, that's only five beans apiece. Is that going to be enough?

EEEWWWWWWW!