Cuisine at home Forums
Just A Freezer Tip.... - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Just A Freezer Tip.... (/showthread.php?tid=93109)

Just A Freezer Tip.... - cjs - 12-30-2009

I thought I'd share a tip I've been doing for a while now (since I'm so forgetful!! ) and it sure works for me.

Yesterday and today I slow cooked a chuck roast as a 'Master' recipe for shredded beef. Today, I shredded it and divided the meat into 1 cup portions and the onions (I used 2 medium sized, cut in wedges) I put in 1/2 cup portions - the beef and onion portions were packaged individually and all put in one large plastic bag
[Image: ShreddedBeef1.jpg]

I also went thru my recipes and copied 8 with ideas for using the shredded beef and onions and put these copies in the bag with the beef and onions
[Image: ShreddedBeef2.jpg]

Now, I don't have to search for what I might want to make with my 6 pkgs. of goodies

I have about a quart of wonderful jus that I normally would also freeze up in portions, but I need to make a gravy for the food I'll be taking to my aunt this month. I would freeze the jus in probably 1 cup portions and add to the larger pkg. also so everything about the master recipe is together.

Anyway, thought I'd pass this along.

Re: Just A Freezer Tip.... - Gourmet_Mom - 12-30-2009

Cool idea! I like the idea of packaging the ingredients together with the recipe. I'll be borrowing that idea for sure!

Re: Just A Freezer Tip.... - mjkcooking - 12-30-2009

what a great idea. - simple and easy I need to keep recipes to gether

hope to get better organized this year!!!

marye

Re: Just A Freezer Tip.... - cjs - 12-30-2009

Good, I'm glad I posted this then.