Cuisine at home Forums
Look what I picked yesterday. - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Look what I picked yesterday. (/showthread.php?tid=93121)

Look what I picked yesterday. - piano226 - 12-30-2009

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/5116/tn1.jpg

Cannot wait to make them for New year

Re: Look what I picked yesterday. - foodfiend - 12-30-2009

Marina, I'm so sorry but they look like potato chips to me!
(But I'm jealous of you being able to "pick" anything on December 29th... although I think that I still have arugula in my cold frame...)

Re: Look what I picked yesterday. - piano226 - 12-30-2009

oops the image is not very good...they are Chantrelles mushrooms.

Re: Look what I picked yesterday. - Gourmet_Mom - 12-30-2009

I thought that's what they looked like! WOW! And you foraged for them yourself? I have always been afraid to do that. One of these days I'm going to get a Extension agent out to the farm and help me identify "edible stuff".

What are you going to do with them?

Well you know i am Russian. Have picked mushrooms all my life. Kind of hard in California since I dont know most of them ..but chantrelles are hard to not recognize.

I am making prime rib and will make Russian potato/onion / chantrelle/sour cream dish. Cannot wait though. They are delicious.

Re: Look what I picked yesterday. - Gourmet_Mom - 12-30-2009

Oh, another Russian Marina! How cool is that! Marzyn/Marina from Caracas is Russian, also. She doesn't come on much, but she pops in now and again. Now I will be able to remember your first name.

That menu sounds awesome! I'm like Vicci, in my mind, I think I'll fly to your place!

Re: Look what I picked yesterday. - labradors - 12-30-2009

...of course, this means I'll be expecting to see some traditional Russian recipes soon.

Just no beets/borscht, please.

Re: Look what I picked yesterday. - Old Bay - 12-30-2009

What are you going to do with them?

[/blockquote]

We make soup with Chanterelle mushrooms. It freezes well.

In regards to Russian Recipes...just ask away...kind of hard to start posting random recipes.

Changrelles...It is a dilemma what to make with them. But for now I am kind of stuck on that side with potatoes...it is very traditional russian and I love it. Have not made in awhile but if it comes out I will post the recipe.

Re: Look what I picked yesterday. - foodfiend - 12-30-2009

I've had a package of dried Chantrelle mushrooms for over a year now and have never figured out what to do with them!

Marina, DH's father's family is from Russia. His uncle still lives somewhere in Siberia, but the American side of the family only hears from him sporadically.