Cuisine at home Forums
The Battle is On! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: The Battle is On! (/showthread.php?tid=93416)

The Battle is On! - Gourmet_Mom - 01-03-2010

Who's watching the Super Iron Chef? If you're not watching tonight, when are you watching? I don't want to spoil anything.

Re: The Battle is On! - Harborwitch - 01-03-2010

Bob's recording it! He wants to watch football!

Re: The Battle is On! - Gourmet_Mom - 01-03-2010

Mercy! Although, I don't have a means to record, so I had to make choices. Thank goodness, the networks now post shows for viewing online within 24 to 48 hours. So no worries!

Re: The Battle is On! - esgunn - 01-03-2010

I am watching tonight. Not on until 8pm pacific time.

Re: The Battle is On! - Gourmet_Mom - 01-03-2010

Wait 'til you see the judges...interesting! Speaking of the judges, how do they eat two 5 course meals? Especially, these judges! I mean, the dishes don't look scaled down much to me and it appears they usually clean each plate...unless they don't like it. But then, I guess it could just be a media trick. It seems impossible.

I will say one thing. I'm glad I didn't have to judge tonight. And I didn't even taste it! I predict a tie!

Re: The Battle is On! - esgunn - 01-04-2010

Deep fried cherry tomatoes????

Re: The Battle is On! - cjs - 01-04-2010

Is that the one from the White House?? We taped it also and will watch tonight - guess I'll stay away from this thread until tomorrow.

Re: The Battle is On! - Lorraine - 01-04-2010

We only caught the second hour, so will have to see the actual cooking in reruns. Must say, I didn't agree with the outcome.

Re: The Battle is On! - Gourmet_Mom - 01-04-2010

Me either, Lorraine! I think it was a set up.

Re: The Battle is On! - cjs - 01-05-2010

O.K., now I can read this thread. That was a fun show. One pro judge and 2 fluffs - wasn't impressed with the choices of judges.

Taste - the teams were evenly marked
presentation - Flay & Co. by 1 (?) point
creativity - Flay & Co. by 1 (?) point

So, it's kind of hard to disagree with the judging - but I wish it had gone the other way.

Deep fried cherry tomatoes?? sounded kind of good.