Cuisine at home Forums
Black Bean Shooter with Prawn - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Black Bean Shooter with Prawn (/showthread.php?tid=93665)

Black Bean Shooter with Prawn - cjs - 01-07-2010

Well, I know I posted the picture and recipe for this a while back, 'cause Denise made fun of it...

Made it yesterday and served two ways - also used my own black bean soup recipe and cooked the prawns my favorite way (fast, hot roasting)
[Image: BBSHOOTERWPRAWN.jpg]
and
[Image: BBSOUPWPRAWN.jpg]

This is really very good and it was a pretty offering also. Boy, are we getting our fiber these days!!!

Re: Black Bean Shooter with Prawn - DFen911 - 01-07-2010

Ok the one in the glass still looks like a chocolate shake

Now the one in the small bowl I can understand. Just need a sprig of cilantro and I'd slurp that down in a second Well maybe not the shrimp, might have to chew that and not slurp it.

Re: Black Bean Shooter with Prawn - cjs - 01-07-2010

I did roast the prawn in oil, s&p and cilantro - they were great.

Re: Black Bean Shooter with Prawn - luvnit - 01-07-2010

I think both are very pretty. Very nice Jean.

I love seeing how others present their dishes. Like on Iron Chef, they are so creative. I wish I had access to all those different dish styles.

Re: Black Bean Shooter with Prawn - Lorraine - 01-07-2010

Looks great, Jean. In the summer he does a Gazpacho Shooter with prawn. This could be his winter version!

Re: Black Bean Shooter with Prawn - Gourmet_Mom - 01-07-2010

This looks really good, Jean! YUM!

Re: Black Bean Shooter with Prawn - chef_Tab - 01-07-2010

It does look good, and at the risk of showing my stupid side, do you dip the shrimp into the bean shooter, or just eat on the side?

Re: Black Bean Shooter with Prawn - Gourmet_Mom - 01-07-2010

I don't know what the "proper" way of eating this is, but I'd be dipping! MMMMMM!

Re: Black Bean Shooter with Prawn - cjs - 01-08-2010

Well, truth be told - the one with the bowl, I just did for the picture then I dumped the soup back in the container and did the version in the stemmed glasses.

That one, we took a bite of the prawn and then a sip of the soup - so, we drank it. Worked great!