Cuisine at home Forums
Whats for Dinner - Tues. 1/19?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Whats for Dinner - Tues. 1/19?? (/showthread.php?tid=94570)

Whats for Dinner - Tues. 1/19?? - cjs - 01-19-2010

It is so nice to not be eating out of the freezer exclusively, for a while. Went to the grocery store day before yesterday and for $38.00 I had three big bags of groceries - almost all veggies and fruits. (in other words the periphery (sp?) of the store ) The fridge looks so good.

Tonight will be [Email]C@H's[/Email] Asparagus, Chix & Mushroom stir-fry (Issue #32, page 40) along with the Thai mango salad that I made while we were in Hawaii - that was supposed to be with papaya... But it was so good, I'm using mangoes again. must try sometime with papaya.

So, what is everyone else up to??

Re: Whats for Dinner - Tues. 1/19?? - chef_Tab - 01-19-2010

I am going to make the Coconut Curry Chicken with beans from the slow cooker menus book tonight. I am lucky that my daughter brought her crockpot for me to use. I am very excited to try this one.

Re: Whats for Dinner - Tues. 1/19?? - cjs - 01-19-2010

"Coconut Curry Chicken" - will be waiting for your review of this dish, Theresa.

Re: Whats for Dinner - Tues. 1/19?? - - 01-19-2010

That sounds good, Theresa - I wish Mister liked coconut - we're having kalbi, jasmine rice, and stir fry veggies.

Re: Whats for Dinner - Tues. 1/19?? - DFen911 - 01-19-2010

Mandarin orange chicken, ponzu rice and napa cabbage. Sake' martini's too

Re: Whats for Dinner - Tues. 1/19?? - Mare749 - 01-19-2010

Most likely bar food. We're going to a Cavs game tonight downtown and leaving early so we can grab a bite and a drink before the game. First game back home, hope they aren't all burned out from being on the road.

Re: Whats for Dinner - Tues. 1/19?? - chef_Tab - 01-19-2010

A slight change of plans. I am just heating some leftovers tonight since it will only be hubby and I for dinner and doing the coconut curry chicken tomorrow when daughter #1 will be joining us. I promise to post a review!

Re: Whats for Dinner - Tues. 1/19?? - mrsbushaxe - 01-19-2010

A Cavs games sounds great Mare749 ~ bar type food even better ~ I'm in Cleveland too.

I think I'll make appetizer type stuff ~ Stuffed ricotta & chicken purses and ground pork friend wontons with a plum dipping sauce. Any suggestion on herbs and seasonings beyond salt & pepper to mix in with the ground pork? Will cayenne work with plum?

Re: Whats for Dinner - Tues. 1/19?? - esgunn - 01-19-2010

Yes, Cayenne works with plum - cayenne works with EVERYTHING! How about minced green onion, cilantro, ginger.

I think tonight is just macaroni and cheese. And some green beans.

Re: Whats for Dinner - Tues. 1/19?? - cjs - 01-19-2010

" Will cayenne work with plum? " - yes!! I think cayenne goes with anything, I even add it to my chocolate desserts - especially pot de cremes. yum.

I add soy, oyster sauce, sesame oil, sherry & sugar to my pork wontons - sometimes waterchestnuts and/or ginger. You're making me hungry for them, haven't done them for a while.