Cuisine at home Forums
Review: Port Sauce Filets with dried cranberries - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Review: Port Sauce Filets with dried cranberries (/showthread.php?tid=94648)

Review: Port Sauce Filets with dried cranberries - - 01-20-2010

This is from Cuisine for Two - Page 50.

We have had this several times since I ordered this book and it is one of our Cuisine favorites. It is such a "dressy" meal (for me and Mister) and plates so elegantly. When I first looked at it, I wasn't sure about the dried cranberries with filet but it was wonderfully delicious. It is paired with Dijon haricots verts which were very good as well - super crunchy with the slight tang of the Dijon. We have had dessert with this meal once since we don't eat dessert as a rule. I made the Chocolate ricotta mousse in that same issue. There are two variations for this dessert - one with oranges and almonds and one with sweetened sour cream and blueberry. We had the oranges and almonds and it was delightful - it's chocolate - what more can you say???

Re: Review: Port Sauce Filets with dried cranberries - chef_Tab - 01-20-2010

Thanks for reviewing this Sonja! I tend to stay away from beef recipes, but maybe I will plan this for our Valentines dinner. I have both Cuisine for Two cookbooks and haven't had a bad meal from either.

Re: Review: Port Sauce Filets with dried cranberries - Gourmet_Mom - 01-20-2010

Thanks for the review Sonja. I agree with Theresa, I love my Cuisine for Two book!

Re: Review: Port Sauce Filets with dried cranberries - cjs - 01-21-2010

Haven't cooked out of those two books for the longest time. Sounds really good.

Re: Review: Port Sauce Filets with dried cranberries - pjcooks - 01-22-2010

I agree, Sonja! I've also made this several times, it's an excellent recipe! I think I may have reviewed it once a long time ago, then again, I may have meant to...

PJ