Cuisine at home Forums
Review: Roasted Cauliflower w/Mustard Butter - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Review: Roasted Cauliflower w/Mustard Butter (/showthread.php?tid=94871)

Review: Roasted Cauliflower w/Mustard Butter - cjs - 01-25-2010

Oh boy, is this a tasty side dish. It's like eating candy! From Issue #23, page 13. We'll be making this often.

Re: Review: Roasted Cauliflower w/Mustard Butter - labradors - 01-25-2010

That sounds good, but we have terrible cauliflower here. The broccoli, however, is great, so is this one of those recipes that could also work with broccoli, or is it one of those that relies upon the cauliflower specifically?

Re: Review: Roasted Cauliflower w/Mustard Butter - cjs - 01-25-2010

I'm planning on trying broccoli in this dish - I think it would be great.

Re: Review: Roasted Cauliflower w/Mustard Butter - Harborwitch - 01-25-2010

Jean I have the cauliflower - but I don't have issue 23. Could you, time permitting post the recipe. It sounds good.

Re: Review: Roasted Cauliflower w/Mustard Butter - luvnit - 01-25-2010

Geez Jean, that sounds great. A perfect dish to go with my Roast Pork Loin this evening.

Sharon, I looked up the recipe online, but not sure if it is the C@H one or not. Maybe Jean can confirm that later. I have to go to the store now so I need the ingredients, or I would wait for Jean to post.

This one has red potatoes too and horseradish. I wonder if Jean's does too. I bet it is the same recipe.

This recipe is also called
Roasted Cauliflower w/Mustard Butter

1 large head of cauliflower,
trimmed into florets.
1 pound medium red potatoes,
halfed and cut in 3rds.
2 Tablespoons olive oil
salt & pepper to taste.

Mustard Butter
4 Tablespoons butter, softened
2 Tablespoons whole grain mustard
2 Teaspoons prepared horseradish
1 Teaspoon honey

INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss the vegetables in the olive oil; add salt and pepper to taste. Put the vegetables onto 2 baking sheets. Roast in lower half of oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes remove from the oven stir and rotate the baking sheets. Roast for 10 more minutes or until fork tender.

Mix all the ingredients for the mustard butter in a small bowl. Toss the vegetables while still hot out of the oven with the mustard butter and serve.

Re: Review: Roasted Cauliflower w/Mustard Butter - labradors - 01-25-2010

Hmmmmmm...

To quote Jean, "Horsepuckie!" (That's because of the horseradish. )

If this really is the recipe, nobody will recognise it when I get done with it. I'll use broccoli instead of cauliflower (since the cauliflower here is terrible), no potatoes (well, maybe, but I had originally considered this because the name DIDN'T say potatoes), regular or Djion mustard - or make the mustard myself (since the stores here don't have whole-grain mustard), and maybe a ground-up bird's-eye chile for heat (since I don't like horseradish AND have had some bad reactions to it).

Other than that, it will be just like the recipe! LOL!

Re: Review: Roasted Cauliflower w/Mustard Butter - Dismc - 01-25-2010

I looked it up and that's the recipe. So fun to look in old issues. The apple strudel looks great.

Re: Review: Roasted Cauliflower w/Mustard Butter - Harborwitch - 01-25-2010

Thanks Laura.

I'm going to do a pork shoulder - this will be great with it.

Re: Review: Roasted Cauliflower w/Mustard Butter - cjs - 01-25-2010

Shannon right - that's the recipe. I just put a few russets in, but I don't think it even needs them. In fact, we found we picked around the potatoes to get at the cauliflower!!

Hope everyone enjoys it as much as we did.

Shannon, I agree and I've been looking thru the first few issues the last few days.

Re: Review: Roasted Cauliflower w/Mustard Butter - Mare749 - 01-25-2010

Thanks for typing it up, Laura. And thank you Jean for the review. This sounds like something we would really like.