Cuisine at home Forums
Review: Cuisine Lite Salmon Burgers - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Review: Cuisine Lite Salmon Burgers (/showthread.php?tid=94893)

Review: Cuisine Lite Salmon Burgers - chef_Tab - 01-25-2010

For dinner tonight I made the Salmon Burgers with Chipotle Mayo from my new Cuisine Lite cookbook. Wow,wow,wow! I was not even expecting much because I have made salmon burgers before and they were forgetable. Both hubby and I gave these a solid 10. I served them on some fresh french rolls instead of the recommended english muffins. The chipotle mayo was so delicious, I could not stop tasting it after I made it and hubby kept slathering more on his sandwich. The combination of orange zest, scallion, and garlic in the burger is fabulous. I think people who do not care for salmon would even eat these. I would not mind having this meal every week. As a side I chose to roughly grate a sweet potato, toss it in evoo, salt, pepper, spread on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 for about 15 mins. Yum. A tossed salad rounded things out.

Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Salmon Burgers - Gourmet_Mom - 01-25-2010

Oh, Theresa, this sounds wonderful! Thanks for the review! I can't wait to get my copy...this weekend for sure! There seem to be so many good recipes coming out of this publication.

Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Salmon Burgers - foodfiend - 01-25-2010

Hope that I can find this book at Sam's tomorrow-- it's written in red on my shopping list! And this recipe may be the first one I make. Thanks for the review, Theresa!

Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Salmon Burgers - chef_Tab - 01-25-2010

Remember, Vicci, it is with the magazines. I got both the slowcooker book and Lite book at the Sams here. Might I suggest doubling everything, because I have been sitting here craving another.

Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Salmon Burgers - foodfiend - 01-25-2010

Thanks for the reminder
(as she wanders 'round and 'round the book section at Sams...)

Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Salmon Burgers - chef_Tab - 01-26-2010

Zesty Salmon Burgers with Chipotle Mayonaise

If you have time,chill the patties for 30 mins to firm them before broiling.

2 T chopped scallions
2 T orange juice
1 t each minced orange zest and minced garlic
1/4 t kosher salt
1/8 t ground black pepper
6-8 oz skinless salmon fillet cubed
2 T mayo
1 t minced fresh cilantro
1/2 t minced chipotle in adobo
Romaine lettuce leaves
2 whole wheat english muffins,toasted
Red onions, sliced, optional

Preheat broiler with oven rack 6-8 inches from the heating element. Line the bottom of a broiler pan with foil. Coat top pan with nonstick spray.

Combine scallions,orange juice,zest,garlic,salt,and pepper in a food processor. Add salmon cubes, pulse until salmon is coarsely ground, scraping sides of processor as needed. Salmon Mixture will be loose. Place salmon on a small sheet of waxed paper. Divide to form two patties.

Flip patties onto the prepared broiler pan. Broil 10-12 mins turning once.

Stir together mayo,cilantro,and chipotle in a bowl.

Divide lettuce leaves between 2 muffin halves. Top each with a salmon burger and about 1 T chipotle mayo,add onion if desired. Top with remaining muffin half.

Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Salmon Burgers - cjs - 01-26-2010

Madmax was going to make these this past weekend, have to ask how she liked them. I'm anxious to make them too!

Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Salmon Burgers - Dismc - 01-26-2010

Thanks, Theresa...I'm going to try these tonight.

Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Salmon Burgers - cjs - 01-26-2010

Madmax said she LOVED THESE!!! (yes, she shouted ) O.K., probably Friday night.

Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Salmon Burgers - - 01-26-2010

I can't wait to try these, Theresa - (and receive my book) - thanks for posting the recipe in case the USPS lets me down!!