Cuisine at home Forums
Review: Cuisine Lite Thai Noodle Salad - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Review: Cuisine Lite Thai Noodle Salad (/showthread.php?tid=94999)

Review: Cuisine Lite Thai Noodle Salad - chef_Tab - 01-28-2010

At the risk of boring everyone with one more review from this awesome cookbook, I am posting anyway.
I made the Thai Noodle Salad with peanut dressing for dinner tonight. Hubby took one bite and exclaimed(excitedly)"another winner"! This man does not get very excited over food often, but Thai is possibly his favorite and vegetarian is another plus for him. The dressing is delicious and it reminds me of the dressing served on a salad at our favorite Thai restaurant in the Detroit area. I am so happy to be able to reproduce that now. The recipe is for two servings, but there was plenty left over and hubby squirreled some away for his lunch tomorrow. This is a first EVER! This would also make a lovely lunch for the ladies. The entire salad part and dressing can be made well ahead and then add the warmed noodles just before serving. I could not find the refridgerated noodles mentioned in the recipe so I used dried soba noodles. My only regret is not having Thai Iced Tea to serve with.

Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Thai Noodle Salad - Gourmet_Mom - 01-28-2010

YEA! Good job, Theresa! William is warming to Thai, and this recipe sounds like it will be right up his alley! Thanks for the review! And NEVER apologize for a review. I know I LOVE them!

I am so excited to get this book! Is there a loser in this one? There are SO many winners, it's mind boggling!

Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Thai Noodle Salad - Dismc - 01-29-2010

This is my favorite cookbook issue from Cuisine to cook from so far. I'm always interested in low fat etc dishes so the more reviews the better. I'm excited to try this one as we love Thai and anything with peanuts. Thanks

Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Thai Noodle Salad - luvnit - 01-29-2010

Well I am going to have to give this one a looksee. I like the idea of lighter recipes, however, I still want them to be real cooking. If you all like it so much I will have to check it out.

Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Thai Noodle Salad - cjs - 01-29-2010

Thank heavens my weekly menu is complete and I can start scheduling some of these great dishes from the book. Thanks for the review on this one, Theresa. (and how could a review ever be boring?? )

Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Thai Noodle Salad - Ennui - 01-29-2010

I agree, no review is ever boring!

Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Thai Noodle Salad - - 01-29-2010

Sounds really good!!! I can't wait for my book

Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Thai Noodle Salad - labradors - 01-29-2010

Thai peanut sauce is probably one of the most addictive substances known to man. Now you've got me Jonesin'.

Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Thai Noodle Salad - chef_Tab - 01-30-2010

Rob, do you want me to post the recipe? I would be happy to, I know the book is probably difficult for you to get your hands on.

Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Thai Noodle Salad - labradors - 01-30-2010

That would be great. I have several recipes with variations of Thai peanut sauce, but they're all wonderful. There's just a certain magic about the combination of peanuts, hot pepper, sesame oil, etc. It also does amazing things for chicken or turkey. When I was at Wolfgang's, my favourite dish was the Chicken Pad Thai.

THANKS!