Cuisine at home Forums
Dinner Tonight?? 2/10 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Dinner Tonight?? 2/10 (/showthread.php?tid=95655)

Dinner Tonight?? 2/10 - cjs - 02-09-2010

I forgot! We're still eating out of the frig. What are you all up to?

I do have an idea for a banana dessert. Yesterday, I had some banana bread thawed so decided to play. I love this - top the banana slices with turbinado sugar and torch them. What a wonderfull crunch flavor.
[Image: Bruleedbananas.jpg]

So, today, I made 1/2 batch of Maya Angelou's banana pudding and I'll brulee some more and put on top when we serve them. This is fun.

Re: Dinner Tonight?? 2/10 - Harborwitch - 02-09-2010

Chicken parm. and a salad - and???????

Re: Dinner Tonight?? 2/10 - Gourmet_Mom - 02-09-2010

I wanted to do something with pasta tonight, so on the way home, I listed some of my favorite pasta dishes that had light sauces. I have overdone Chicken Piccata and Bill and Jane's Lemon and Brandy recipe lately. I finally came up with one we love, but haven't had in a while...makes me think of summer...Chicken Linguine with Candied Cherry Tomatoes!

Re: Dinner Tonight?? 2/10 - chef_Tab - 02-09-2010

Chicken here too, though it will be paillard. And I am making that white beans with roasted red peppers side from the Lite book. I made that last week and we were fighting over it. Love that combination of beans,pepper,lemon,and parsley. Also roasting some aspargus and baby bok choy I have in the fridge.

Oh,Jean, I love the banana idea! So simple, but sounds delicious!

Re: Dinner Tonight?? 2/10 - Old Bay - 02-09-2010

We're doing J. Pepin's chicken pot pie, but with an experimental herb crust--great possibilities!!!

Re: Dinner Tonight?? 2/10 - Gourmet_Mom - 02-09-2010

Goodness, Bill, that sounds really good! I love Pepin's recipes and that crust sounds interesting! I hope you'll share if it comes out like you hope.

Re: Dinner Tonight?? 2/10 - robtomp - 02-10-2010

Costco Chinese Chicken Salad. Wednesday's are my long day at the hospital and my youngest (14) has volleyball practice from 7-9p. The kids will assemble it for me so I can take a bowl with me to practice.

Re: Dinner Tonight?? 2/10 - luvnit - 02-10-2010

Jean that looks so pretty! Is that pineapple upside down cake??!! That's one of my favs!

Your fridge eats look great!

Frozen pizza here tonight.

Re: Dinner Tonight?? 2/10 - cjs - 02-10-2010

It was a dessert from our neighbor's SuperBowl party - don't know what it was, but it was pretty, so added to the picture. Roy got to eat it and said it was tasty.

Re: Dinner Tonight?? 2/10 - luvnit - 02-10-2010

Well now it doesn't matter what it is I HAVE to make pineapple upsidedown cake! I haven't made it in years. I don't even know if I have a recipe. I better go find one. Unless someone here is kind enough to share one. I will pick up the stuff and make it on Friday.