Cuisine at home Forums
Internet issues - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Internet issues (/showthread.php?tid=95917)

Internet issues - Harborwitch - 02-13-2010

Well somehow my 5gig limit on Verizon internet is gone - so I will have limited access until the 2nd of March. I'll miss you all. Working to resolve this but will have to wait until Monday.

Re: Internet issues - labradors - 02-13-2010

...or maybe Tuesday, since Monday is a holiday (Presidents' Day).

Re: Internet issues - Gourmet_Mom - 02-13-2010

OIY! Hope you get it fixed quickly, Sharon. We'll be here when you get back!

Re: Internet issues - luvnit - 02-13-2010

Is that a ND thing! We will miss you for TWO weeks!

Re: Internet issues - cjs - 02-14-2010

(the repair folks have to find the farm.... )

hurry back.

Re: Internet issues - Harborwitch - 03-02-2010

Well all I'm back!

The issues here are many. There is no cable TV, no DSL from the phone co.. There are some satellite solutions, but we have a 2 yr contract with Verizon for their mobile broadband. They limit you to 5gig of up and downloads and somehow they said I went over my monthly usage in 12 days!

I don't have a clue how - neither do they, they just show that I did. Soooooooo I had to be really really good for the rest of the month because one of the phone support idiots told me it was 25 cents a minute, another told me it was 25 cents a mb, finally got it nailed down at a nickle a mb.

Verizon used to have a 50.00 unlimited plan, but they had to drop it because of over-usage. Now they have a daily plan, a weekly plan, the 60.00 plan we're on, and a 2 or 300.00 plan. I suggested that they need to look at a plan in the middle. They're crediting me back the charges for my overage.

Now I have to really watch what I do.

Re: Internet issues - labradors - 03-02-2010

No Skype, YouTube or Internet radio for you.

Re: Internet issues - Harborwitch - 03-02-2010

Yeah - that yanks my chain. All I can say is that it's a good thing our cell phones work great here or I'd be tempted to dump them. But Verizon has the best coverage of any cell company here.

Re: Internet issues - Gourmet_Mom - 03-02-2010

You know, I've have the same issues for needing an "in-between" plan here. We had Altell for YEARS. Verizon has bought them out and my old plans went out the window. If I want to change from our OLD Altell plan, I'll have to pay a fortune to have anything comparable with Verizon. We're struggling trying to find a workable plan for our family and extended family...OIY! I feel your pain!

Re: Internet issues - DFen911 - 03-02-2010

Be sure to turn off your computer, not just let it go to sleep. It can still continue its connection to the mobile modem.

So glad you are back!!