Cuisine at home Forums
Italian chef in hot water - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Italian chef in hot water (/showthread.php?tid=96087)

Italian chef in hot water - labradors - 02-17-2010

THIS is definitely beyond the pale.

Re: Italian chef in hot water - chef_Tab - 02-17-2010

ROB! Why on earth did you not warn me? Did you forget that I am the Crazy Cat Lady????? I hope he rots in he11.

Vicci, do not read that disgusting article. Or anyone else with a heart.

Re: Italian chef in hot water - madmax - 02-17-2010

I AGREE 100% Be Aware before opening that link that involves a recipe where a FAMILY PET IS PART OF THE INGREDIENTS..........I can't get ahold of my mom to find if I'm over reacting to this so, I decided to go for it. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Re: Italian chef in hot water - Gourmet_Mom - 02-17-2010

I'm gonna take the advice of the ladies and pass on this one.

Re: Italian chef in hot water - labradors - 02-17-2010

The worst part is that, not only is what has already been said true, but also the chef was promoting it on his televised cooking show.

Sorry for not giving a warning. I figured people would be able to decide for themselves, once they saw the headline, but did not state the headline here so that people could decide for themselves whether or not to click the link.

Re: Italian chef in hot water - Old Bay - 02-17-2010

Quote:

I'm gonna take the advice of the ladies and pass on this one.

Me too. OMG

Re: Italian chef in hot water - cjs - 02-17-2010

I think I'll act as a moderator rather than a mother and leave this one alone. Just from the title, I knew I didn't want to read it.

have a good night, everyone!

go find your room, Labs!

Re: Italian chef in hot water - foodfiend - 02-17-2010

Theresa, thanks for the warning

Re: Italian chef in hot water - luvnit - 02-18-2010

I will never look at my cat the same way again!

Re: Italian chef in hot water - DFen911 - 02-18-2010

Ok I read the article. It's not gross, explicit or detailed etc.

So I will play devils advocate. India shudders whenever we eat beef. Some cannot even think about eating squirrel.

Where do we draw the line? We, as Americans, eat a LOT of animals. Beef, chicken, pork, beaver, ostrich, venison, buffalo, quail, duck, fish, fish eggs, gopher and plenty of others.

In France they have a farm for horses..and you don't ride them. Horse meat is very big there.

So while we tout being omnivores, it's interesting that some meat is 'taboo' while other meat is perfectly acceptable. I will go out on this limb...meat is meat to me. I've eaten my fair share of all sorts (alligator and snake). Now my palette doesn't like them all, I'm not squimish about trying anything.