Cuisine at home Forums
A MUCH better news story - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: A MUCH better news story (/showthread.php?tid=96140)

A MUCH better news story - labradors - 02-18-2010

THIS is one you'll be pleased to read.

Re: A MUCH better news story - foodfiend - 02-18-2010

You are right, Rob, this is a MUCH better story!

I just used the last of my bag of Bob's Red Mill 5-Grain cereal when baking bread today and I have to say, now that I know about this about the company, I'll probably buy more than just a replacement...

Re: A MUCH better news story - labradors - 02-18-2010

Sounded cool to me, too. Have heard of Bob's Red Mill, but never saw it in any of the store in which I used to shop. My favourite flour to use was Heckers, but when I moved from the Northeast to Florida, that was no longer available.

Re: A MUCH better news story - Gourmet_Mom - 02-18-2010

I've used their polenta and really liked the product. The only access I have to a few of the products is in the city...but they do have an online service, I think. I'm with Vicci....this info just makes me want to buy more.

Re: A MUCH better news story - Cubangirl - 02-19-2010

I love their products. I use their 7 grain cereal for CI's wonderful multi-grain bread, and the oat flour for the Artisan in 5 oat bread. Oh and the cornmeal for the coating for my Sole Meuniere with Browned Butter and Toasted Almonds. I am lucky that our local health food store carries a great selection of their flours. Amazon also carries a great selection of their products.

Re: A MUCH better news story - chef_Tab - 02-19-2010

Our regular grocery store carries quite a few of the products. I have been quite pleased with all of them and now feel even better for the purchases. Come to think of it, I may have even seen some of the more common things at Walmart.

If only more people had Bob's heart and conscience. I would like to see NBC report on this. Haha.

Re: A MUCH better news story - cjs - 02-19-2010

We're lucky his products are all up and down the west coast.