Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/19? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/19? (/showthread.php?tid=96150)

T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/19? - cjs - 02-19-2010

Since we're going NOWHERE today, not even going to look at the truck, I'm doing a slow cooker dish out of the new slow cooker book, Open-faced pot roast sandwich with gravy dip. Just sit and read our books and enjoy the sun.

What are you all up to?

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/19? - labradors - 02-19-2010

Tonight will be Erin's birthday-review dinner.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/19? - - 02-19-2010

Enjoy your reading, Jean - We're having stir fry shrimp, snow peas and edamame with cellophane noodles.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/19? - Trixxee - 02-19-2010

TGIF is right! Now that I have some "real" maple syrup on hand again, I'm making chicken with a black pepper and maple sauce (Epicurious recipe) over mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach and garlic.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/19? - chef_Tab - 02-19-2010

"TGIF is right!"........Could not agree more!

I am making the Bahn Mi(might be misspelled)burgers from one of the grilling books. I made these a while back and reviewed them. Forgot about them and then suddenly started craving them. I only wish I could actually grill them outside.

We are also doing a small IPA beer tasting at home. I bought 4 kinds and we are going to test them blindfolded. I have been looking forward to this all week. And Sunday is a "premium wine tasting" of the American Wine Society. I think they will be Spanish wines. fun fun fun.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/19? - labradors - 02-19-2010

Quote:

I am making the Bahn Mi(might be misspelled)burgers from one of the grilling books. I made these a while back and reviewed them.

HERE it is.

Quote:

We are also doing a small IPA beer tasting at home.

The International Phonetic Alphabet makes beer?

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/19? - esgunn - 02-19-2010

Stephanie has a meet up in Mont Lake Terrace tonight at 5:30pm. So, I think it will be a Subway sandwich or Quizno's or what ever we can find once we get up there...

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/19? - chef_Tab - 02-19-2010

"The International Phonetic Alphabet makes beer?"

Yes, and while it is tasty, I sometimes choke on the letters floating inside.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/19? - cjs - 02-19-2010

Sounds like some have had a week!!

Oh good, "Bahn Mi(might be misspelled)burgers from one of the grilling books." is in one of the books I brought with me, and it sure sounds good!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/19? - Gourmet_Mom - 02-19-2010

Tonight is steak night...and on the grill!

Those burgers do sound good. I have them saved but haven't made them yet. I'll have to get my butt in gear this weekend and get back to my menus before I fall into a total winter slump.